BigMat in Malta is looking to recruit an Outdoor Furniture Salesperson Specialist (Shop)
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Outdoor Furniture Salesperson Specialist (Shop)
will assists customers in choosing the right product for their specific need, cross-sells and upsells other products, help clients, makes quotations, aftersales and more. The person will be required in a specific area of the outlet, to sell the product.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Discuss and understand customer requirements and budgets.
- Provide information and answer queries about different Products
- Demonstrate product features.
- Ensure that outdoor furniture is clean.
- Keep contact with the customer throughout the sales process.
- Organise display of outdoor furniture.
- Ensure a high-quality after-sales service.
- Increase sales.
- Reach sales targets.
- Check that all products are priced correctly.
- Help in the ordering stage.
- Help in Changing of the shop.
Education & Licenses Required:
- Work on a full-time from Monday to Saturday.
- Will be required to work evenings and Sundays depending on the shop’s opening hours.
- One may also be required to work on a split shift basis. May be expected to work longer hours during the festive season and sales periods.
- Working requires standing up for extended periods. Lifting and carrying heavy items may also be required.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualities / Tools & Equipment used in this position:
- Although qualifications are useful, work-related experience and attitude tend to be given considerable weight by employers.
- On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of the products available at the outlet.
- The ability to explain technical information in simple language.
- Knowledge of competitors’ products.
- The ability to reach sales targets.
- Selling skills and techniques, including the ability to upsell.
- The ability to understand the needs of different customers.
- The ability to negotiate and persuade.
- The ability to engage with the local community.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and/or English.
- Customer care skills.
- IT skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and in a hectic environment.
- A flair for sales.
- A sense of initiative.
- A sociable personality.
- A well-groomed appearance.