Job vacancy: Sales Assistant
Embark on an exciting journey into the world of clothing and accessories with ZARA!
To support store objectives by delivering excellent service in line with store needs and to ensure the effective maintenance of designated sections
Experience and Qualifications:
- Be aware of what happens day to day in the store;
- Maintain responsibility for one or several sections of the store as instructed by your Manager keeping a basic image of the area (folding and displaying);
- Process sales, exchanges and refunds efficiently, accurately and quickly in all payment methods;
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained on the shop floor when required and ensure that the Cash desk areas are replenished and kept tidy throughout the day;
- Ensure that customers are acknowledged and receive a quality service either face to face or over the telephone;
- Maintain excellent standards in the stockroom by organizing and arranging the stockroom efficiently;
- Provide till reports throughout the day to Managers and colleagues when required;
- Ensure complete efficiency when following opening and closing cash desk procedures;
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with support from the Head Cashier;
- Be actively involved in the delivery and ensure new stock is available for replenishment on the shop floor before the store opens;
- Comply with the Company Security Procedures and policies. Ensure that relevant documents are understood and signed;
- Continually develop stock knowledge and promotions throughout the store;
- Be available for Cashiers should they request help;
- Ensure effective communication with the Management Team at all times;
- Complete other tasks as necessary to support the overall store;
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy at all times.
Skills and Attitudes:
- Previous fashion retail experience and/or excellent customer service experience preferred;
- Previous cash handling experience desirable.
- Love/and or passion for fashion;
- Strong numerate and literacy skills;
- Articulate and good communication skills;
- Energetic & enthusiastic;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong initiative & self-motivation;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays;
- To maintain good standards in a personal presentation in order to represent the image of the brand.
This job description is designed to help you understand your role better and to improve the effectiveness of our recruitment process. It is not an exhaustive list of all the things that you may be required to do and maybe required to take on additional tasks.
Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer. It is the world's largest apparel retailer. Zara stores have women's clothing, men's clothing and as well as children's clothing (Zara Kids). Zara's products are supplied by consumer trends and it is a highly responsive supply chain which ships new products to stores twice a week.