Job vacancy: Sales and Business Development Manager
Cosmoraj LTD manufactures color cosmetics in Malta and contracts manufacturers cosmetic products including lipsticks, eyeliners, mascaras, lipgloss, liquid lipsticks, compact powders, foundations and primers from its own GMP certified facility. The company has recently opened a state of the art facility based in Bulebel and is now hiring for the post of Sales and Business Development Manager who will be responsible for the commercial operations, sales and business development functions for Malta, EU, and international markets.
We are looking for an energetic, ambitious and high-performing Sales & Business Development Manager to meet customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives which will include creating partnerships with key retailers in Malta, EU markets and internationally as well as appointing distributors worldwide for the companies own brand portfolio that COSMORAJ is licensed to distribute in various markets.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying key opportunities and to meet and close with strategic retail partners and to grow the business sales and distribution based across Europe and the UK. The ideal candidate should have strong relationships with chain retailers, perfumeries and department stores that sell cosmetics and be able to manage the launch of cosmetic brands in retail and e-commerce.
Responsibilities will include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans as well as leading brand awareness and forge strong relationships with clients. COSMORAJ as a manufacturer contract manufactures color cosmetics products for various brands and the Sales Manager will be responsible for also creating new collaborations to manufacture products for customers seeking to create their own private label which can include celebrities, social media influencers, department stores, fashion brands, makeup artists.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing a strategic plan to achieve and maximize sales targets and expand our customer base, as well as maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with clients;
- Developing a sustainable business pipeline, supporting commercial objectives and including the identification of opportunities to qualify and close;
- Developing a tactical marketing plan for niche sales kits, advising and supporting the delivery to customers;
- Overseeing and managing cosmetics sales strategy for B2B Private label customers/contract manufacturing as well as company brands penetration in Maltese and international markets with the objective to develop strategies, to discover and evaluate new business opportunities and create the overall sales and business development strategic plan;
- Focusing on expanding companies sales and distribution base with large cosmetics retailers particularly within the European markets, the companies portfolio of brands include color studio professional and the manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the growth of the brand across the EU markets online and in the retail model;
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets and new business development opportunities in emerging markets and sales channels to include private label development, contract manufacturing and in house brands marketing and distribution strategy and implementation.
- Regularly update activity information and pipeline for management reporting;
- Taking part in the product development process as well as the development of the branding strategy and merchandising systems for implementation for company brands;
- Be the main contact for the business clients and prospects, managing all aspects of the relationships at both commercial and technical levels, using the best resources available;
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions;
- Performing an online and retail market analysis in European markets and emerging markets and exploring key strategic opportunities for customer base expansion and increasing retail point of sales across EU markets and emerging markets through distributors and through direct retailer contracts;
- Recruiting and managing a team of business development, sales and account managers, driving objectives, providing clear strategic directions for team members by analyzing their performance and continual service levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and highly skilled and experienced Manager who has the following characteristics and skills:
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets and driving sales growth in business in FMCG, Personal care, cosmetics or beauty sector;
- Ideally, previous experience as a sales executive, business development executive or territory manager or Senior Manager, Head of Sales successfully managing large retail accounts in the EU market with good relationships with key retailers in the EU that retail cosmetics products ) for 3+ years;
- Strong knowledge of Fast moving consumer goods, personal care industry and cosmetics industry and retail distribution management, merchandising and marketing of brands within department stores, supermarkets in the EU and emerging markets;
- Ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels of the organisation;
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close;
- Ability to deliver and sell joint propositions of private label (developing new brands and product lines for fashion houses, department stores, retail chains and also marketing the companies brands and introducing them into new markets and Points of Sales with effective merchandising solutions
- Ability to position products against competitors and conduct market surveys and plan the P&L, Advertising, and promotion plans and execute for Malta, EU and export markets;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (at least in one more language is a great advantage - German, Portuguese, Spanish, Scandinavian or Asian language group language skills);
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently, travel extensively across EU and emerging markets to expand the companies portfolio across EU and emerging markets and develop new private label brands for customers seeking to create new product lines for their stores and working with the companies manufacturing team to ensure effective ship outs of customer orders;
- Multiple business relations with department stores and cosmetics retailers and leads is a plus.
The right candidate will be provided with a competitive base salary + strong incentives as a commission on sales. Salary will be dependent on the candidate's experience and capabilities and relationship with customers in the target market and industry.
Cosmoraj is a cosmetics manufacturing company that does contract manufacturing for leading global brands. The company produces a wide range of make up products including lipsticks, foundations, eyeliners, mascaras, face powders and creams in its Malta Factory in Bulebel with two complimentary sales channel marketing and distribution of the companies in house cosmetics brands and developing private label brands for its customers which include international fashion houses, department stores, make up artists and retail chains.