Nobel Financial Limited in Malta is looking to recruit a Head of Risk Management
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Perfectly poised to offer a variety of customer-driven complementary products, Nobel Financial is ready to accommodate the needs of global citizenship from international money transfer, long-distance bill payment, electronic wallet facilities, worldwide prepaid telecom top-ups and consumer telecom solutions, international food delivery, and much more. Nobel Financial is headquartered in Malta for EU, and New York for the US with a supplementary back office in Bucharest, Romania. Nobel Financial – bringing innovation to financial services and more for the 21st century. The role of a Risk Manager is to communicate risk policies and processes for an organization. They provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support. Risk Managers must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
- Planning, designing, and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization;
- Performing risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Evaluating risk, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements, and environmental factors, and evaluate the previous handling of risks;
- Reporting risk in an appropriate way for different audiences, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business, and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Undertaking corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals;
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company;
- Acting as a liaison with the MFSA and the FIAU as required, including but not limited to the preparation and submission of required forms with the relevant authorities;
- Ensuring that any responses or forms to the authorities are submitted in a timely manner;
- Acting as a liaison with the company's Internal Auditor;
- Carrying out risk assessments and due diligence on different parties, as required;
- Carrying out risk assessments on different corridors explored;
- Carrying out risk assessments on the company's operations;
- Carrying out full due diligence checks and risk assessment on prospective partners and providing feedback to top management;
- Monitoring of customers (non-face-to-face environment);
- Any other tasks that management might assign.
- Bachelor's degree in law;
- Proof of ongoing training in compliance and AML matters in recent years;
- 3 – 5 years of experience in online payments within the financial services sector;
- Experience with money remittance companies and/or e-wallets is considered an asset;
- The successful candidate is ideally already approved by the MFSA;
- The successful candidate needs to be highly organized and pro-active with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Primarily in an office environment with a day schedule (Monday to Friday). Will be expected to travel as needed to company affiliates.
Nobel Financial Limited:
Nobel’s history of expansion and profitable growth as a technology company covers the last 20 years and we are well-positioned for future success as well. Our products and services include online selling of prepaid virtual phone cards worldwide, distribution of physical phone cards in North America and Romania, superior carrier services worldwide, innovative call center solutions, international money transfer services, food delivery, and more. Nobel was awarded the 2nd Best Employer at the national level, regardless of the field of activity in 2019 and the 1st place in the IT industry by Undelucram.ro! Nobel's employees are our most valuable asset. We offer numerous opportunities for both professional and personal development towards challenging careers. Our diversity coupled with an inclusive culture makes people from domains such as IT Hardware and Software, Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Customer Service open new doors for our customers in terms of products and services. At Nobel, we're an all-in-one kind of business: we sustain each stage in the creation, marketing, and distribution of our product, so we have a very wide range of job opportunities. We're looking for sparkling youngsters who're still figuring out what they want to excel at - but we're also looking for whole-minded, experienced professionals who know what they'e best at, and love doing it.