A Risk Manager position is currently available with a licensed insurance company having newly set up offices in Malta.
This role would require frequent business trips - around once a month.
- Monitoring the performance risk management functions
- Understanding and managing the company’s risk and in meeting the company’s compliance obligations
- Supporting various departments in identifying risk and supporting the development of an effective risk culture across the business
- Assisting in the completion of corporate risk models and the standard formula
- Assisting with risk management processes such as the risk and control self-assessment process (ORSA)
- Ongoing monitoring of risk and compliance frameworks and policies
- Facilitating the completion of the risk assessment processes, ensuring regular follow-up and reporting on any improvements that can be made
- Business continuity plan and succession plan management.
- Coordination of operational risk mapping
- Implementing the Risk Appetite policy and ensuring that it reflects the current and future risk profile of the business
- Ensuring actuarial work is appropriately produced and communicated.
- Maintaining current knowledge of insurance industry regulations, trends and practices
Education & Experience:
- You must be in possession of a Risk Management or financial services qualification, equivalent to a minimum MQF Level 6 and recognised locally
- A minimum of 2 years previous local risk management experience in a similar position within the insurance or financial services industry
- A solid understanding of risk and financial markets
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the insurance market
- Ability to drive change
- Willing to learn and grow
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English & Maltese
Job Ref: NO476