SPAR Malta is looking to recruit a Purchasing Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate
shall be mainly responsible for source and buy products that are essential for our operations, review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels. Ultimately, you will create and maintain good relationships with our suppliers to ensure merchandise is of high quality and delivered on time.
- Research potential vendors;
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers;
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery;
- Review the quality of purchased products;
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases;
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices;
- Monitor stock levels and review orders as needed;
- Identify, research and assess market trends and new products.
Founded in 1932, SPAR has grown to become the world’s largest grocery chain. SPAR is an acronym of a Dutch phrase, ‘Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig’, which means ‘We all benefit from joint cooperation’. As the name implies, the SPAR concept is about getting wholesalers and retailers partnered up to deliver the best prices possible to consumers without compromising on quality and freshness where everyone stands to benefit. Adriaan Van Well – the founder of SPAR – used the fir tree as part of the SPAR logo – a logo which has become recognisable all over the world.
- Understanding of supply chain procedures;
- Fluent in English;
- Good command (verbal and written) of the English language;
- Clean Police Conduct;
- Experience in the previous role considered to be an asset.