Project Executive (EU Projects Department) - Deadline 1st February 2019
(JobsPlus Permit No: 497/2018—Issue No. 3)
Aġenzija Sapport, Malta is looking to recruit a Project Executive
on a full-time basis to join their team within their EU Projects Department. This position may be partly financed by the European Union under the European Social Fund.
Duration of Assignment and Conditions:
The selected Project Executive
will enter into a thirty (30) month assignment (or until the termination of the Project, whichever comes first) as a Project Executive
, at Aġenzija Sapport. Since this position is time-barred and linked to the completion of specific tasks, the position of Project Executive
falls under Regulation 7(4) of Subsidiary Legislation 452.81 entitled "Contracts of Service for a Fixed Term Regulations". The salary attached to the position of Project Executive is €25,736 (for the year 2019) and a yearly increment.
The Project Executive
shall be responsible for spearheading the INK Project, is an EU funded project aimed at maximising the abilities of persons with disability, supporting their chances of inclusion in the labour market and strengthening their social engagement. To achieve such aim, the project will follow a three-year roadmap consisting of the following deliverables: training and support, skills and site audits, certification and recognition, research and innovative measures, as well as transnational cooperation. Six independent-living training centres will serve as facilities from which training will be provided, and an INK employment placement scheme shall be established to integrate some beneficiaries into mainstream employment.
The Duties of Project Executive shall include:
Management Duties shall include:
- Managing the effective implementation of the EU funded projects assigned
- Carrying out on-the-spot checks with respect to ongoing projects
- Participating in the relevant Monitoring Committees
- Overseeing the implementation of publicity initiatives in relation to EU funded projects
- Being involved in the drawing up of reports (monitoring reports), verification of expenditure and other documents as may be required
- Liaising with line Ministries and horizontal stakeholders, particularly the Paying /Certifying Authority, the Audit Authority, the Treasury and the Department of Contracts and other relevant horizontal stakeholders including Partners with a view to developing a clear understanding of procedures and control relating to the management of EU Funds in Malta
- Co-ordinating EU funded projects and initiatives were undertaken by the Agency
- Compiling all the required reporting systems of the EU funded projects as necessary
- Assisting to all audits carried out by pertinent authorities responsible for EU funds endorsements
- Carrying out other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Administration and EU Funds Director.
- Giving feedback to the Administration and EU Funds Director regarding the ongoing projects and on measures that may be taken to improve or expand the outcome of such projects
- Participating in the drawing up of business plans, budgets, progress reporting, evaluation exercises and other monitoring tools
- Participating in meetings for policy and progress reviews on professional issues, and in implementing the agreed action when required and in liaison with the Administration and EU Funds Director
- Regularly liaising, reporting problems and suggesting solutions to the Administration and EU Funds Director in an effort to improve or expand the service
- Seeking approval if and when the need arises to deviate from the set policies, procedures or business plans
- Representing the Agency in inter-disciplinary meetings both nationally and internationally, with other agencies/entities, and acting on the directives given in consultation with the Administration and EU Funds Director
- Co-ordinating with the Administration and EU Funds Director or other members of the Management Team any related educational campaigns for the public and other projects, when required.
The Project Executive will form part of a multi-disciplinary team that assists persons with a disability throughout the training and job placement phases and enables them to achieve their optimum potential during the duration of the project and beyond.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be in possession of:
- A recognised Master's qualification at MQF Level 7 plus two-year of relevant work experience OR
- A recognised Bachelor's qualification at MQF Level 6 in a relevant area, including Social Policy, Public Policy, EU Studies, Social Science, Management, etc. plus three years relevant work experience in areas such as Administration, EU Projects, Project Management, etc.
Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from NCFHE, or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications.
Submission of supporting documentation:
Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application. Scanned copies sent electronically are acceptable. Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
Eligible applicants will be assessed by a Selection Board to determine their suitability for the position.
Submission of applications:
Interested individuals are to submit the following documents by the closing date:
Disclaimer: Applicants are to apply in terms of the full call for applications as available on the Agency’s website (www.sapport.gov.mt). The Agency will not process incomplete applications. Kindly note that in line with Maltese employment legislation, preference will be given to Maltese and EU nationals. Applications from non-EU nationals will only be considered if the selection process of the Maltese and EU nationals is not successful and if the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
- An application form (downloaded from www.sapport.gov.mt)
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae; copies of the pertinent qualifications
- One (1) reference letter
- Police conduct collected in the three months prior to applying for this vacancy which is to be presented during the interview
- Official proof of work experience (such as a Job History Sheet from Jobsplus/reference letter).
Operational Programme II - European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020
“Investing in human capital to create more opportunities and promote the well-being of society”
Project part-financed by the European Social Fund
Co-financing rate: 80% European Union; 20% National Funds
Aġenzija Sapport is committed to enhancing the quality of life of persons with disability through innovative personalised support, expertise, and advocacy. Aġenzija Sapport is an equal opportunities employer and strives to recruit employees who have the right knowledge, skills and attitudes for the various job opportunities that arise within the Agency.