General Soft Drinks Co Ltd is looking to recruit a Production Technician. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Production Technician will perform predictive, routine, preventive and breakdown maintenance on production equipment.
Main duties include:
- Setting up of the automation machines
- Perform preventive maintenance, predictive, routine and breakdown maintenance
- Ensuring that quality, efficiency, production targets and uptime are reached in the most cost-effective manner
- Higher National Diploma in electrical, mechanical or manufacturing engineering or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Good written and verbal skills in English and Maltese
- Preferably in possession of licence A and B
- Be a good team player
- Previous experience in a similar position or plc knowledge will be considered an asset.
- The candidate must have a hands-on approach to problems solving, be willing to take up new challenges and possess the ability to prioritise.
The General Soft Drinks Co Ltd is responsible for manufacturing a wide range of soft drinks across Malta. We do this for brands owned by The Coca‑Cola Company (TCCC) including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Fanta, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Schweppes and Kristal. We are an independent Coca‑Cola bottler and are the sole licensed bottler for products of TCCC in Malta. We employ over 240 people in Malta and Gozo at our manufacturing site, offices and distribution centres. Our Company is committed to minimising the environmental impact of our products and operations, with a particular focus on recycling, water stewardship energy, and climate protection. Through our sister company, GSD Marketing Ltd we sell and distribute TCCC products manufactured in Malta as well as import, sell and distribute other TCCC products including Nestea, Cappy Juices and Powerade. We also import, sell and distribute other brands including Monster, Bavaria, Stella Artois, Berlin Beer, Lowenbrau, Café Mauro and Evian on behalf of other brand owners.