Firetech Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Procurement Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms;
- Plan the procurement cycle to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability;
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures;
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials;
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received;
- Locate new vendors of materials and determine product availability and terms of sales;
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment;
- Control purchasing department budgets;
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy;
- Coordinate Returns Merchandise Authorisations (RMA) with all suppliers and ensure that all faulty materials and equipment are returned to them within reasonable timeframes;
- Follow-up on returns of RMAs with suppliers and report to the company’s technicians with supplier’s repair report;
- Coordinate activities with all departments, namely Tendering and Sales, Stores Operations, and Finance;
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing, and selecting vendors based on capabilities performance, and consistent quality;
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries;
- Coordinate the logistics of materials to the company’s and/or client’s warehousing facilities;
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand together with the head of stores;
- Represent and engage with suppliers in negotiating contracts, and review and update current agreements;
- Evaluate purchasing requirements and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Understanding and keeping up with current trends and regulations in the business;
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers;
- Negotiate and establish terms with existing and new subcontractors.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel);
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions;
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Accurate and precise attention to detail;
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels;
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
*We offer excellent working conditions and an attractive salary for the right candidate. If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending an application letter and CV.
Our business is protecting what is important to you. We provide reliable fire, safety and security solutions that protect people, property, and assets. We also provide parking management solutions & equipment. We are proud to carry an extensive portfolio of world-class brands. From fire detection and suppression to intruder alarms, access control, video surveillance, home automation and safety wear and equipment, we deliver solutions to meet both our clients’ needs and their budgets. We also design solutions and services for a wide variety of clients and settings from private residences to commercial establishments as well as the marine industry. Key to our success is the team of highly qualified and experienced technical staff dedicated to the design, supply, and installation and commissioning of fire fighting, safety and security systems. We run a 24x7 call-out service and a maintenance centre able to support many third-party systems. Our wide range of products can be viewed at our showroom and display area in Qormi.