Our client in Malta is seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer to join their team within the Healthcare industry on a full-time basis.
The job holder will be required to:
The ideal candidate shall assist in the following aspects wherever the transfer of equipment or processes takes place:
- With minimal guidance, the principal engineer schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups;
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Supervises/coordinates a Senior Engineer/Engineer and/or technicians on assigned work;
- In order to keep up to date with procedures relating to product development, the Principal R&D Engineer shall be expected to develop new products or sustain the existing product portfolio;
- Ensure that the right choices are being made with regards to material choice, overall set design and supplier selection within the firms' operation;
- Be knowledgeable of various manufacturing processes such as assembly, extrusion and moulding;
- Work towards meeting the intended use of the product in the various countries of sales, as applicable to the project s/he is leading;
- Work towards developing/sustaining a product in accordance with the company's defined Quality and Regulatory standards;
- Be responsible for finalizing any reports/presentations related to his projects and any other necessary reports as the need arises;
- Be responsible for the development and guidance through projects of R&D personnel;
- Be responsible for the assignment of project activities within his/her project team, in order to meet committed milestones and project objectives.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and design reviews;
- Identification and coordination of any necessary modifications;
- Validation of components transferred from other plants;
- Installation and validation of molding equipment transferred from other plants;
- Technical Management, Project Management, and Leadership;
- Design Verification and Validation are to be carried out in accordance with ISO Standards, CE Norms, country-specific norms, and Quality Manual;
- Design Verification Testing is to be planned/executed based upon knowledge of materials, fluid dynamics and correct usage/applicability of available equipment;
- The principal engineer should be able to work with the Project Management Office (PMO), to plan out resources, budget, timelines throughout the project development lifecycle;
- The principal engineer should be able to present the work achieved by his/her team to different stakeholders (as applicable);
- The principal engineer should design with manufacturability in mind; leading his/her team through various development activities that would eventually allow a smooth design transfer to manufacturing.
Who should apply?
Candidates who possess the following:
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Bachelors of Engineering;
- 5 - 8 years related experience in (Technical Management, Project Management and/or Leadership roles).