Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Porter
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Porter
will serve as the first point of contact to assist our guests with their luggage and to provide great customer service throughout their stay.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Arrange for taxi services upon request
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Deliver newspapers to guestrooms
- Direct guests to the reception area for check-in/check-out
- Ensure building entrance is always free from clutter
- Follow evacuation rules in case of emergencies
- Greet and welcome all guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Maintain appearance, cleanliness and safety standards in the hotel at all times
- Run errands for guests as necessary
- Take suitcases and bags from guests or passengers checking in/checking out and, where applicable, tag them and provide customer identification slips.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- Able to work on a shift basis, evenings & weekends
- Good physical condition (e.g. to lift heavy equipment and luggage)
- Have good communication skills to interact with cleaning staff, technicians and guests
- Previous work experience will be considered an asset.