Job Vacancy: Personal Assistant (Chief’s Office) within Strategy, Policy & Innovation within the SPI Team.
About Strategy, Policy & Innovation:
The Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate is tasked with providing the MFSA with thorough advice and analysis on current and prospective strategies and policies, along with the promotion of fintech and innovation within the domestic financial services sector.
The selected candidate will be expected to apply his/her working experience to the various day to day duties as directed by the Chief Officer of Strategy, Policy & Innovation.
- Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Authority:
- To be the first contact point to greet guests and delegations upon arrival at the Authority’s premises;
- To prepare and draft correspondence;
- To prepare papers as guided by the Chief Officer for respective meetings;
- Taking minutes during meetings;
- Make the necessary travel arrangements as guided by the Chief Officer;
- To coordinate the Office’s incoming mail and distribute it to the respective functions under the Directorate accordingly;
- To maintain calendar events and meetings pertaining to the Chief Officer;
- To communicate with internal staff and external entities;
- To handle any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Officer and as dependent on the exigencies of Directorate.
Other important information:
- We are looking for candidates capable of working under pressure, prioritising tasks and working on own initiative. Previous experience in a similar role will be considered favourably. You will have excellent communication and client-facing skills. Fluidity in spoken Maltese and English is a must. You are also methodical, organised with an eye for detail;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a similar role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.com.mt. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.