Hugo's Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator
on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Group HR Director, the Payroll Administrator is responsible to manage the payroll process as well as support the HR Department in delivering value-added service to the business.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assist in the administration of HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment, application for work permits, national insurance and enrolling employees with the respective authorities;
- Act as the main point of contact for employees on payroll queries;
- Collaborate on and follow company policies, practices and procedures to maintain internal controls;
- Co-ordinate company doctor visits to employees;
- Ensure that the relevant HR/Payroll databases are always kept up to date and accurate;
- Liaise with the rest of the HR Team in various HR and Payroll related activities and projects;
- Maintain vacation leave and sick leave records for all employees;
- Prepare monthly payroll calculations;
- Process HR-related invoices and provide administrative support to the finance department as necessary;
- Review of timesheets, rosters, wage computation and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies;
- Ad-hoc duties as directed by the Group HR Director.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, challenging environment;
- Experience with Shireburn Indigo would be advantageous;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Highly skilled in managing confidential issues with discretion;
- Possess an eye for detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.