Hilltop Gardens in Malta is looking to recruit an Operations Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis for Hilltop Gardens Retirement Village (including Simblija Care home).
Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of the labour force, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the day to day hotel operation;
- To ensure that the quality and service standards are effectively implemented and regularly revised;
- To ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities;
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community;
- Monitors the distribution of manpower (rosters) as well as the application of overtime and suggests or implements any necessary changes;
- Participates and co-ordinates in the preparation of the annual budgets and capital requirements and ensures their implementation;
- To monitor rosters and approve weekly, and monitor vacation leave;
- Ensures that the hotel quality standards are properly communicated, implemented and practised and also updated when necessary;
- Participates in conducting weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive programmes and future planning;
- Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene is achieved and maintained;
- Endeavours to keep the operation ahead of the competition by proposing or directly implementing new ideas, concepts etc…and encouraging the team to follow;
- Ensures emergency procedures are practised and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees;
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations, including Health and Safety, and ensures compliance;
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to the General Manager;
- To perform tasks as directed by the General Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals;
- Ensures that the establishment is well maintained and any maintenance work is carried out with the least inconvenience to guests. Also, to ensure that the décor and ambiance of the establishment are at its maximum at all times.
The AX Holdings Group of Companies is a dynamic group that is heavily involved in three core sectors – Construction, Hospitality and Development. Today the AX Holdings Group has developed into one of Malta’s leading private companies giving a major and direct contribution to the national economy. Its reputation is not one that has come through idle hype but through years of hard work and endeavor to reach levels that are constantly breaking new ground. The drive to move on stems from the philosophy that change generates progress and progress generates wealth. It is primarily a thirst for achievement that is the driving force behind the AX Holdings’ Group.