Our Client has the following vacancy; Officer: Technical, Learning and Professional Development. The selected Technical Officer will report to the Technical Manager.
The following is a list of Responsibilities that will be required of the prospective candidate:
- Conducting research supporting papers and guidance published for the benefit of the Institute’s Members;
- Sending regular technical updates to the Institute’s members and offer informal guidance;
- Be alert for local and international developments pertinent to the Profession;
- Supporting Council, the Institute’s Committees and CEO, as necessary to enable them to meet their objectives;
- Participating in the formulation of the Institute’s Continuous Professional Education programme;
- Handle receipt of emails and calls from Members and other organisations seeking guidance or feedback on technical matters;
- Maintaining relevant e-library sections on the Institute's website;
- Preparing presentations and speak at the Institute's CPE events;
- Representing and promoting the Institute and the profession whenever invited to speak and address various fora, both locally and abroad;
- Representing the Institute during exhibitions and other events organised either by the Institute or by other organisations and institutions;
- Representing the Institute at appropriate working groups of Accountancy Europe, IFAC or other Institutions as required;
- Attending technical meetings with relevant competent authorities;
- Attending meetings held by the Institute’s various committees, and Council as required;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Report;
- Contributing to the Institute’s periodic journal and newsletter; and
- Carrying out any other technical work that the employer deems fit.
Skills & Qualifications
- Fully Qualified in B.Commerce or ACCA;
- Three to five years minimum post qualification experience;
- Good communication skills with an interest in all issues that affect the Accountancy profession;
- A focus on information technology, corporate reporting, taxation, financial services, and other local regulatory requirements;
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Our Client is a leading Institute of Accountancy in Malta offering educational services.