Id-Dar tal-Providenza in Malta is currently looking to recruit Nurses to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidates will be reporting directly to the Services Manager.
*Id-Dar tal-Providenza would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, they are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all their employees.
Nurses within Id-Dar tal-Providenza are expected to deliver high-quality care to residents living within the Homes. The nurses will work collaboratively with other members of the team to plan and coordinate the provision of individualized care for every individual, with the aim of promoting the maximum level of independence possible, holistic wellness, and the best possible quality of life. This would be achieved by including each resident in the plan and by taking each resident’s wishes into account. The nurses will reflect the values and ethos of Id-Dar tal-Providenza in the care provided.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this post include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with other members of the care team including the physician, social workers, physiotherapists, and ability promoters, to achieve care goals;
- Identification of medical emergencies and prompt appropriate action (including first aid, life support and seeking appropriate medical assistance);
- The preparation of each resident’s medication on a monthly basis including assisting the doctor with preparing the prescriptions and bringing the medication from POYC;
- Assisting the physician during weekly visits and the psychiatrist during regular consultations;
- The administration of parenteral and intravenous medication and therapy, oxygen therapy, venipuncture, wound care, insertion, and care of NG tubes, urinary catheters, and any other required nursing procedures;
- Timely renewal and administration of Schedule V, Schedule for free drugs, Schedule for controlled drugs;
- Stock taking, ordering and management of drugs (including controlled (DDA) drugs), equipment and other supplies for the clinic;
- Annual routine blood testing and further blood testing as required, with reporting of abnormal results to the physician;
- Assisting in locating carers required during days when administration staff are not present;
- Auditing of care practices and total quality assurance;
- Ensuring compliance with National Standards for the care of persons with a disability;
- Development and promotion of resident safety, including infection control measures;
- Biannual provision of continuing education sessions for carers in identified areas for urgent care improvement;
- The provision of an induction programme for newly employed carers.
Id-Dar tal-Providenza was founded by Mons. Michael Azzopardi in 1965 with the aim of offering a home with a warm and family-like environment for persons with disabilities who for some reason or another cannot stay living with their family. Since than Id-Dar tal-Providenza has supported its residents to participate in and enjoy the quality of life within the community.
- A minimum of a level 5 qualification in Nursing studies;
- A minimum of 3 years of nursing experience;
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Malta;
- A clean criminal record;
- Basic and advanced nursing care skills including venipuncture, first aid and life support (including use of AED);
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of the rights of persons with a disability, including the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
- Knowledge of the National Care Standards for homes for persons with disabilities;
- The ability to work with persons demonstrating challenging behavior;
- The ability to work on own initiative.