InterTek Laboratories Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Network/Telecom Technician/Installer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The job entails installing, laying, pulling, routing and terminating structured cabling infrastructure in a commercial or industrial environment.
- Laying, pulling and routing CAT3, 5e, 6, 6a and another low-voltage cabling;
- Terminating phone & data cables;
- Setup of telecoms distribution cabinets;
- Ability to understand and maintain network drawings;
- Testing/troubleshooting cable-related networking issues;
- Installing support structures and containment (trunking, cable basket, cable trays etc.);
- Experience with Audio/Video (Coax, HDMI, Speakers, VGA, etc.), Security-related work such as IP cameras, IP door control systems, VoIP Systems and Fiber Optic terminations & cable installation will be considered valuable assets.
InterTek Laboratories Ltd:
Founded over twenty two years ago, as a brainchild of Etienne Farrugia and Patrick Genovese, Intertek Labs Malta is now a leader in the provision of IT Services, IT Solutions, IT Consultancy and network infrastructure solutions. Whilst Etienne came from an IT Hardware and Networking background, Patrick was specialised in software development and implementation. Although both very young, their experience and vision, helped them to penetrate the networking, software and mainly technical support solutions market, even though the barriers to entry was very high, especially considering the size of the Maltese market. With time, the business developed and evolved to better serve the market requirements in the IT and Communications industry. As a company, Intertek Labs Malta is focused on building sustainable long-term relationships with their customers, through strong communication, cooperative behaviour and continuous assistance. To achieve this, the company offers tailor-made IT solutions and IT Services, that are cost-effective and competitive, but also in line with the client requirements, and operational goals. In a rapidly changing business environment, outsourcing is the most effective model for procuring IT Services and IT Solutions. Intertek Labs Malta has the know-how, experience and human resources, to seamlessly integrate within their customer’s operations, in order to better understand the client requirements and thus offering the best solutions to maximise the return on investment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the installation of structured cabling systems;
- Must have a valid & clean driving license;
- Must be hardworking and follow instructions;
- Must get along with co-workers;
- Must be able to climb up/down ladders while working & installing cables above ceilings;
- Must not be afraid of heights;
- Must adhere to strict company health & safety policies.