Trade Malta Ltd is looking to recruit a Media and Public Relations Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Trade Malta Ltd would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, they are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all their employees.
- The Candidate will oversee all traditional, online media and public relations content on behalf of TradeMalta;
- Will be required to develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics;
- Help develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media;
- Oversee all social media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for creating public relations opportunities for TradeMalta including information on successful news about TradeMalta and its clients with the goal of raising TradeMalta’s and the exporters profile locally and internationally.
- Actively promote news and information about Malta-based success stories which feature in local or international media or content created by TradeMalta.
Skills & Experience:
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics;
- Develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and media;
- Develop brand awareness and online reputation;
- Create and maintain a favourable public image for TradeMalta;
- Coordinate all Public Relations events and advertising campaigns;
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content about TradeMalta and its clients;
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR and social media results on a monthly basis;
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect TradeMalta and its brand;
- Create a regular publishing schedule;
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on-going basis;
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media;
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests;
- Manage and customize social media pages and mailing lists (ex. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc;
- Identify and develop opportunities and PR connections for TradeMalta to be used as a resource for public relations (print, online, speaking, consulting);
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proven working experience in public relations required;
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at the national level;
- A strong relationship with national business and industry media outlets;
- Must be a confident communicator;
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication and editing skills;
- Solid experience with social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc;
- Event Planning experience;
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships;
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail;
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms;
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
Trade Malta Ltd:
Trade Malta Ltd is a public-private partnership formed between the Government of Malta and the Malta Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise and Industry. The organisation is an executive agency dedicated to supporting Malta-based businesses to reach international markets with their products and services. Incorporated in 2014, TradeMalta has been tasked with marketing and coordinating both incoming and outgoing trade missions, promote participation in international trade fairs, facilitating bilateral trade meetings, and researching new market opportunities. TradeMalta also provides specialised training programs in international business development and marketing. The organisation also administers a number of incentivesâ€™ schemes and internationalisation programs aimed at novice and experienced exporters. Promotion of franchising, joint-ventures and other forms of international business opportunities between Malta-based businesses and foreign companies is also actively supported.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English language, Communications or Marketing with a PR or Advertising experience.