AX Hotels Business Unit in Malta is looking to recruit a Data Analyst to join their team on a full-time basis.
- This role's objective is to generate analytical reports across different marketing channels and performing complex data analyses;
- The selected candidate will become the master of our data systems by finding the correct conclusions based on the findings;
- The position allows you to impact change through helpful insights based on your analyses ultimately enabling the company to make informed decisions.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports;
- Provide analytical reporting and create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations;
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid interpretations and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool;
- Assist in developing and implementing data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality;
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining data analysis systems;
- Perform analysis projects and tasks for various marketing channels such as Google Analytics, PPC, SEO, Social Media, and others;
- Drawing insights and help to optimize our marketing efforts;
- Help improve the analytical report process;
- Track key performance indicators;
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking;
- Develop and support reporting processes;
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst with excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong aptitude for collecting data from many sources, carry out analyses and provide insight from the findings;
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database development, data mining and segmentation techniques;
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, keyword analysis, web analytics;
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques;
- Able to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Fluent in English;
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
*Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, together with a covering letter.
AX Hotels Business:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous to landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.