Job vacancy: Content and Media Relations Officer
An exciting opportunity for a Content and Media Relations Officer
to join the Marketing, Communications & Alumni team at the University of Malta (UM). You will be appointed for a period of four years, on a full-time basis, with a possibility of renewal.
Your role within the team:
You will be working within the Marketing, Communications and Alumni Office together with a team of dedicated individuals. Reporting to the Director Marketing, Communications and Alumni or his Deputy, the ideal candidate will be expected to handle all relations with the media, write, edit and disseminate communication on behalf of the University of Malta and manage UM’s social media channels.
What you will be doing as our Content & Media Relations Officer:
The skills you require to join us:
- Handling media queries, media interviews and news conferences;
- Drafting news release, statements, articles, features, speeches;
- Preparing media kits;
- Monitoring and report on UM’s positioning in the media;
- Cultivating a relationship with media organisations;
- Updating the University’s social media channels with on-going events;
- Coordinating the weekly update Newspoint;
- Planning and disseminating internal and external communication to stakeholders;
- Preparing and conducting presentations on the University of Malta;
- Participating in programmes broadcast on linear or on-demand media;
- Regularly communicating and engaging with students and members of staff.
We consider these as added assets:
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree at MQF Level 6 in Media Studies or related disciplines;
- Possess good writing skills in English and Maltese;
- Have sound knowledge of social media channels;
- Be capable of handling media queries and interacting with external stakeholders;
- Ability meet tight deadlines and work with minimal supervision;
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to communicate with the media;
- Good knowledge of the local media landscape;
- Basic knowledge of photography and the use of digital cameras;
- Familiarity with social media channels.
- Experience of the local media landscape (both linear and online);
- Skills in filming and editing.
*Submit your letter of application together with your curriculum vitae, certificates and names and email addresses of three referees.
*Deadline to apply is Wednesday 23 October 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
University of Malta:
The University of Malta is the highest teaching institution in Malta. It is publicly funded and is open to all those who have the requisite qualifications. Over the past few years, the University has reviewed its structures in order to be in line with the Bologna Process and the European Higher Education Area. Conscious of its public role, the University strives to create courses which are relevant and timely in response to the needs of the country. The supreme governing bodies of the University are the Council and the Senate.