Inspire Foundation in Malta is looking to recruit a Social Enterprise Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will play an important role in supporting the organisation’s strategy with innovative solutions. Inspire Foundation seeks a dynamic and innovative individual to serve in the newly created position of Social Enterprise Manager who will lead organisation-wide strategic initiatives that will distinguish the Foundation as an innovator and catalyst for change, while serve its service users and members in ways that will advance the self-sustainability of the entity along with its impact on society and its stakeholders in general.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who likes to create new income-generating ideas and comes at an exciting time as Inspire prepares to enter into a major awareness campaign that aims to provide opportunities for collaboration, transformation, and a strong platform upon which to build distinctive initiatives. The selected applicant will also be expected to maximise the income of the various enterprises the organisation already holds which comprise of a number of charity shops, car boot sales and a Fundraising Department. Fundraising is reliant on donations from the public while maintaining current and build new corporate relationships with the aim to achieve the targeted financial goals.
The selected person will have determination, energy and a strong mindset for action. They will be someone who has an exceptional aptitude to handle ambiguity and a creative approach to problem-solving. S/he will lead by example and can embrace change at the workplace. Furthermore, they will be a team player at all levels of the organisation and a team builder. The ideal candidate will be able to challenge the status quo and lead to new thinking about the brand, innovation and consumer trends and insights.
The candidate is responsible for all employees within the department. S/he will report to and work closely with the Chief Operations Officer while also interact with other professionals both internal and external to the organisation to ensure good practice in the service the department provides.
- Strong problem-solving ability, necessary to close potential plan gaps decisively;
- Ability to manage and motivate numerous internal, cross-functional and external resources effectively;
- Passion for pushing beyond what has been done to new ways of approaching ideation, development and marketing;
- To foster and actively promote a ‘can do’ culture which consists of a positive team spirit, delivery of targets and customer-focused service delivery;
- To coordinate and develop the use of all resources under his/her control, liaise with other members of staff, paying particular attention to safety requirements and cleanliness;
- To ensure that all resourcing plans are designed to ensure and promote optimum cost-effectiveness whilst maintaining standards of quality and safety standards;
- To have financial and operational accountability for all activities under his/her control, including to report and correct any waste which he/she gets aware of from time to time;
- To participate in developing the Fundraising budget and make any necessary adjustments and/or suggestions for improvement.
- To plan, develop, implement and maintain new social enterprises that generate a surplus;
- To set and reach projected profits through Charity Shops sales;
- To set and reach projected surpluses from fundraising activities;
- To increase income from existing social enterprise units (Fundraising, Charity Shops, Leases and Business development);
- Responsible for the safe and effective deployment of employees and volunteers into meaningful positions;
- To manage the day to day operations of all activities associated with stock (donations), stock control (donations), logistics, warehousing, retail, cash security, customer services and commercial facilities in an efficient and effective way;
- To plan and implement shop merchandising, layout, pricing, and customer traffic flow to improve customer satisfaction;
- To oversee the property and the health and safety management of commercial facilities;
- Together with the Marketing team, plan and implement advertising and promotional strategies and activities;
- Manage Social enterprise activities, employees’ staff and volunteers’ competences in these areas, to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction;
- Prepare reports monthly, quarterly and annually on sales, profit & loss, footfall, customer analysis and other ad hoc KPI’s;
- Manage and maintain the effectiveness of IT and other essential business support systems;
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to the COO and other relevant colleagues;
- Perform any other tasks or duties deemed necessary by the COO.
- Tertiary education in Accounting or Business or Marketing or equivalent;
- Experience in managing and developing people and teams;
- Creative, innovative and analytical approach with meticulous attention to detail;
- Experience in budget management, analysing results to improve commercial outcomes;
- Excellent relationship management skills with a particular focus on beneficial relationships with suppliers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
Qualities considered as an asset:
Inspire provides a holistic range of services and programmes to children and adults with a disability.
- Experience in business development activities with accountability for achieving monthly sales targets;
- Experience developing core business strategy;
- Experience in business, marketing, communications;
- Strong organisation, time management, problem-solving, and leadership skills.