AX Business Unit in Malta is looking to recruit a Social Media Specialist to join their team on a full-time basis. They are looking for a fearless, creative and out of the box thinker to create a positive online presence by communicating with our audience. Together with Social Media Executives, you will be able to strategise and implement the tone of voice of each brand and assure a better reach online, for both the local and the foreign market.
You will be the voice of our brand, by creating meaningful engagement with our current and potential customers through our social media platforms and constantly thriving to increase brand engagement.
- Managing online social sentiment and coordinate activities to defuse negative sentiment;
in cooperation with the management teams;
- Managing feedback from customers on all channels;
- Strategise and execute engaging posts, competitions on social media that can go viral;
- Growing positive online presence with back-links to the AX Hotels website.
AX Business Unit:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous to landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.
- Strong knowledge of how social media works and its tools and evidence of using these to improve the customer journey and drive traffic to the website;
- Proven success of creating and delivering social media strategies and campaigns;
- College diploma or bachelor's degree in a business-related field, sales or marketing;
- A proactive and commercial approach showing drive and ambition with a results-orientated focus;
- Good command of English and communication skills, be self-confident, have the ability to work independently, be self-disciplined and have strong persuasive skills;
- Commercial ability to gather and interpret online information to guide successful business decisions;
- Passion for the Internet and should have an interest to stay updated on the latest online development Must be a self-starter, highly organised and detail-oriented;
- Excellent time and task management skills;
- Up-to-date with the latest social media trends, techniques and technologies;
- Problem-solving aptitude.