In the vacancy of a Product Development Engineer, forming part of the Manufacturing Department and reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing internal and external test plans;
- Attending and monitoring type tests;
- Monitoring in-house tests and other tests performed in external laboratories, ensuring compliance with the appropriate product and process specifications;
- Ensuring that full documentation for new designs is comprehensive, correct and properly archived, including BOMs, drawings, manuals, technical specifications etc.
- Assisting other departments to understand, interpret and implement client requirements, local and international standards and legislation design features and functions;
- Preparing preliminary design information for discussion and approval of Design;
- Analysing current designs as well as product performance and features, and modifying or upgrading when necessary to achieve improved productivity, quality and cost-savings;
- Leading a specific design team and managing the project at hand from concept to final testing and client acceptance;
- Ensuring optimal safety within the section, instructing others on specific issues during toolbox meetings and carrying out, logging and reviewing H&S Risk Assessments for the section.
Education and Experience
This vacancy requires:
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power) or equivalent
- In possession of clean police conduct
- Experience in a similar post will be considered an asset
- Excellent level of English - both written and spoken
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, test equipment software and product-related software
- Excellent metrology skills using various instruments according to the application
- Highly attentive to detail
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
The job opportunity of Product Development Engineer is with a well-established manufacturer of electrical equipment.
Job Reference Code: FV065