Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Technician to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate will be supporitng the Factory Engineer in providing technical service in terms of processing and production, by driving continuous improvement, preventive and breakdown maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- Effective running of plant machinery and equipment:
- Take an active part in any alterations and modifications on equipment or installations with superiors. This also applies to any new installations or relocations of machinery or lines;
- Assist in the documentation and recording of any installations and/or alterations affected;
- Take an active part in electrical and mechanical overhauls, alterations, and installations of machinery and equipment;
- Take an active part in the regular inspection and testing of electrical, mechanical, compressed air, and any other installations to ensure safe and efficient use of these services;
- Test related equipment and machinery after repair for efficiency and ensure proper running;
- Support the Production Department in the training of personnel, setting up of the production lines, and improvement of equipment to give better efficiency and / or higher quality to the end product;
- Perform breakdown maintenance when and where required;
- Support in the repair of portable tools as required;
- Construct and manufacture any electrical and mechanical items as required.
- Adherence to procedures in line with Company standards:
- Ensure that all safety guards and other safety features on equipment and machinery are installed and subsequently operational to safeguard the employees using machinery;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of equipment assigned;
- Maintains quality services by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Ensure correct procedures when taking necessary parts from stores;
- Ensure that PPE is worn according to the task being performed.
- Effective Communication between departments and efficient internal support:
- Share relevant information, ideas, and insights;
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders;
- Liaise with Production in discussing optimal ways to execute the preventive plan while highlighting any related concerns;
- Communicate and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure for sufficient spare parts;
- Ensure the communication and handover during a change of shift.
- Effective team leadership:
- Take responsibility in the absence of Senior Technician;
- Motivate, delegate and empower personnel to take responsibility and display appropriate creativity and initiative;
- Performance benchmarks are met – per individual.
- Effective teamwork and alignment with Company values:
- Drive and instill company values;
- Drive own learning and development;
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback;
- Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact others;
- Flag and debate issues constructively (be solution-focused);
- Be proactive in sharing, debating, and communicating learning.
- MCAST – BTEC Diploma/HND Engineering (MQF 4/5);
- Wireman’s electrical License A and B;
- 2 years’ experience in a food/pharmaceutical/chemical manufacturing working environment.
- Technical insight in a complex manufacturing environment;
- Experienced with GMP, ISO Standards, Safe Food Handling, HACCP practices, and HSE guidelines;
- Continuous Improvement Experience/Certification highly desirable;
- Ability to show a track record of improving production, and solving problems.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Mechanical Reasoning;
- Problem Solving;
- Attention to detail;
- Drive for results;
- Rule orientation;
- Verbal and written communication;
- Process Engineering and systems agility;
- Safety, security and quality orientation;
- Knowledge sharing;
- Modeling (leading by example).