Jobe vacancy: Big Data Scientist
ST Microelectronics (Malta) Ltd is currently looking to recruit a Big Data Scientist
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd. would like to reassure all jobseekers that the company is taking the necessary precautions to safeguard the health of their employees and visitors.
We are looking for a Big Data Scientist
to support technical experts with the data collection and to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, maths, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyze our data in an automated way to make better decisions.
Data Scientist responsibilities include:
- Undertaking data collection, pre-processing and analysis;
- Building custom prescriptive and predictive models to address business problems;
- Evaluation of effectiveness of these models;
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques;
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes;
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data;
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns;
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms;
- Combine models through ensemble modelling;
- Present information using data visualization techniques;
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges;
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst;
- Experience in data mining;
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research;
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ [MBZ1] is an asset;
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g.Hadoop)[MBZ2];
- Analytical mind and business acumen;
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra);
- Problem-solving aptitude;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred Degree equivalent to MQF Level 6.