Medelec Switchgear Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit Maintenance Technicians
to join their team on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will form part of the maintenance team responsible for the installation and routine maintenance of all plant and equipment.
Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 42 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air-insulated Medium voltage switchgear, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards and Automatic Voltage Regulators and the manufacture of Gas-insulated switchgear and Ring Main Units.
- Install and move machinery and plant;
- Implement machine preventive maintenance schedules;
- Troubleshoot and repair faults in machinery and plant;
- Maintain premises;
- Logging and periodic testing of electrical and pneumatic equipment;
- Maintain relevant documentation including inspection and fault logs for all equipment;
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are always adhered to.
Medelec Switchgear Ltd:
Medelec Switchgear Ltd. was founded in 1977 and started its primary operations as an assembly plant for distribution switchgear and transformers under license from GEC of England. Since commencing operations, Medelec grew and expanded its activities, investing heavily in plant equipment, human resource development to become a leading key player in the North African market. Medelec has delivered an extensive range of products ranging from MV switchgear to compact substations, Control and Protection panels incorporating the latest digital technology for new or as replacements for existing substations. Medelec’s main office, design, development, and production facilities are located in the Mediterranean country of Malta. Malta is well known for its strategic location in the heart of the Mediterranean is just 96km south of Sicily and 290km north of Africa, Malta has a long history of serving as a bridge between Europe and Africa. Throughout the years Medelec has continued to serve this tradition having successfully delivered numerous successful projects to North African countries such as Libya, Tunis, United Arab Emirates, Yemen and Jordan amongst others.
- MQF Level 4 education in a related field;
- Experience in a similar environment will be considered an asset;
- An energetic person with the ability to work under pressure and have a hands-on approach;
- Be an active team member;
- Ability to work under own initiative and with minimum supervision;
- Have excellent reasoning and creativity skills.