STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd is considered to be the island’s hi-tech manufacturing company specialising in the assembly and testing of technological intensive devices. A vacancy has arisen for the post of Health & Safety Manager
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A qualification in Health and Safety;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to explain H&S processes to a range of people and carry out group presentations;
- The ability to convince managers to implement and maintain health and safety standards;
- Patience, diplomatic and collaborative approach;
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately;
- An investigative mind and be capable of working on multiple tasks, be proactive and seeking new ways on how to optimize processes;
- The ability and pedagogical aptitude to learn and teach;
- IT skills;
- Attention to detail;
- A flexible approach to work;
- Very good knowledge of health and safety legislation to understand regulations both locally and EU directives.
- Deploy and check Health and Safety Policies, Goals and Procedures;
- Participate and follow up in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, EMAS, HDI, RBA, Golder, internal audits, Management Review and Site Chemical committee meetings;
- Ensure that emergency response measures are in place;
- Liaise with training department to organize training for First Aiders, Fire Fighters, and Radiation experts and propose any changes required in the training needs analysis;
- Conduct Health and Safety meetings with all stakeholders;
- Follow-up on pregnancies, ergonomics, adequate lighting, visual display units [VDUs], noise levels, lead exposure, and chemical management;
- Follow-up on near misses, injuries and first aid cases;
- Deploy Health Plan and follow-up on Health indicators;
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be avoided;
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce a report that suggests improvements;
- Manage the health clinic;
- Attend the institution of Occupational Safety and Health [IOSH] seminars and read professional journals.
The post carries with it the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining a variety of equipment and demands a high level of dedication. A hands-on approach is essential.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV by not later than 15/03/2019
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.