Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Manager (Consumer Finance)
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will manage the growth and development of the Company’s consumer finance offering.
Michael Debono Limited represents the Toyota brand in Malta. It is a long-established business with a strong reputation for brand reliability and customer loyalty. It strives to continue building on quality and service the “Toyota Way’ to be able to provide a unique customer experience to its esteemed client portfolio. Michael Debono Limited is part of Debono group, a multifaceted group of companies whose primary aim is to achieve business growth through innovation.
Reporting to the CFO, the Manager of Consumer Finance will be responsible for:
- Maintaining consistent growth in consumer accounts through obtaining new clients and retaining existing ones, whilst developing the existing finance product offerings;
- The selected candidate will be responsible for formulating and implementing short and long-term consumer strategies to increase revenues, profitability and improve collection periods;
- Maintaining good customer relations, via effective teamwork and communication whilst presenting a good company image to the customer base;
- Approving and closing all new finance deals.
- S/he will manage a team of credit control, handling both customer facing as well as back end operations and will assign duties to the associates whilst frequently examining their work for accuracy, tidiness and timeliness.
- Will closely monitor the operating and financial results against budgets and provide regular reports to Management and will continuously liaise with banks to negotiate finance deals.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall consumer finance process for the organization shall also be the responsibility of the Manager of Consumer Finance;
- S/he shall actively seek opportunities to automate the consumer financing process and performance reporting;
- Ensure that appropriate processes are in place for managing cash flows relating to financing;
- Work out finance offerings for clients which make sense for the business;
- Negotiate rate for finance deals;
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by the business managers and employees;
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with banks and lending organisations and deploy stringent compliance, corporate governance and risk management framework in line with company policies and legal requirements.
- The ideal candidate shall carry out risk assessments, which involve analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the consumer finance business and s/he shall recommend legal action on seriously delinquent accounts.
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Office 365;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to work in a team, as well as individually;
- Team player with a proactive approach to work;
- Be fluent in English and Maltese.