Malta Retail Ltd is looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Malta Retail Ltd would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, we are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all our employees.
The Warehouse Supervisor
job role is to delegate and assign tasks to Warehouse Assistants and delivery persons. The supervisor is also responsible for the work and actions of his/her subordinates within acceptable levels of quality, costs and safety. To this effect it is paramount that the departmental procedures are adhered to in a manner so as not to disrupt the operational flow of the department. The supervisor has to maintain constant monitoring on the relevant reporting staff and direct subordinates towards the daily departmental goals and aims – that of delivering within the requested times, deliveries to customers and at the lowest possible costs. The supervisor’s role is also to supervise the loading area at all times and see that all employees are adhering to health and safety standards, hygiene in line with HACCP standards and company procedures by wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment.
Areas of Responsibility/Duties:
Reporting directly to the Distribution & Warehousing Manager, the selected candidate must:
- Be able to use confidently Stock system;
- Coordinate of warehouse operational flow;
- Coordinate of delivery persons;
- Assist delivery persons when in difficulties;
- Prepare pick list to warehouse assistants;
- Check expiry date when loading by confirming with Pick List;
- Check that orders have been picked up from warehouse correctly;
- Raise and print customer invoices and hand them to delivery persons;
- Assist delivery persons with uploading of orders where necessary;
- Be responsible to replenish stock in cold stores;
- Monitor that warehouse common parts and stores to see that they are well kept in the most hygienic state and in line with HACCP;
- Check incoming shipments against shipping list;
- Detect any shortages in incoming shipments and alert Purchasing Department immediately;
- Check the expiry date and lot number of incoming products and alert Purchasing Department if there is a mismatch with the original order;
- Raise HACCP forms where necessary and forward to Stock Control Unit;
- Hand in the Goods Received note to Stock Control Unit;
- Ensure that inventory correctness is at the highest levels;
- Ensure that bag searches are being performed on all employees upon end of shift and before leaving the premises;
- Be responsible to inspect all incoming trucks to verify that there are no excess product items;
- Perform random spot-checks on outgoing trucks to check that all has been loaded according to the documentation;
- Ensure safety procedures within the Warehouse and Distribution Department are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness;
- Pay strict observance to company confidentiality and professionalism;
- Attend training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this taxonomy. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This Job Description may be changed from time to time according to Company exigencies in which case, employees will be notified accordingly. In, addition, it is expected that employees carry out their duties efficiently and always promote good team spirit. Confidential Company information should always be handled with the utmost discretion.
The ideal candidate must:
Malta Retail Ltd:
Founded in 1932, SPAR has grown to become the world’s largest grocery chain. SPAR is an acronym of a Dutch phrase, ‘Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig’, which means ‘We all benefit from joint cooperation’. As the name implies, the SPAR concept is about getting wholesalers and retailers partnered up to deliver the best prices possible to consumers without compromising on quality and freshness where everyone stands to benefit. Adriaan Van Well – the founder of SPAR – used the fir tree as part of the SPAR logo – a logo which has become recognisable all over the world.
- Have a general good standard of education up to Secondary Level, having at least three ‘O’ Level subjects;
- Candidates applying must have experience in a supermarket;
- Have a strong command of Microsoft Office tools especially in Word and Excel;
- Be able to coordinate and provide direction to a team of employees;
- Be proactive in detecting any predictable irregular circumstances and able to rectify accordingly with well-placed contingency plans;
- Possess skills to operate a fork-lifter;
- Possess a good Police Conduct;
- Be Self-motivated, well-organized, with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Apply a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’.