Paragon Europe in Malta is looking to recruit a Process Analyst to join their Climate KIC Team on a full-time basis. As part of the Climate KIC network activities, Paragon Europe has helped to assist cleantech start-ups, local communities, public entities and the scientific community in Malta to become more aware of climate change and we have supported entities with funds to fulfil projects which are bringing about tangible results to address the challenges of climate change. Our role as a transformative agent is to harness change and catalyse communities to become more resilient.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, change catalyst company working in international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. With over 15 years of operational experience, our multidisciplinary team has developed significant expertise to carry out project activities and tenders to the highest standards. Paragon Europe is the national contact point for EIT Climate KIC in Malta.
EIT Climate KIC is a knowledge and innovation community established in 2010 and funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union. Our purpose is to tackle climate change through innovation. It is Europe’s largest public-private partnership with this purpose. At the heart of Climate KIC’s endeavour is a pan-European community of innovators and changemakers eager to work on tough challenges, willing to engage in ambitious and unorthodox experiments, and committed to collective learning.
The Sustainable Historic Districts Project is a demonstrator project funded by EIT Climate KIC where we are working towards transforming Valletta, Malta’s capital city into a sustainable city.
- Working alongside the project team members you will be engaged to assist in providing support in delivering transformative change in the cities we are working with to enable them to become sustainable and carbon-free by 2030. Using a systemic approach to change you will be asked to build on the current state of activities and create a process whereby transformation is achieved. The role will entail engaging with stakeholders, building new alliances and working alongside the project team to identify funding opportunities to support project ideas.
- The role requires a person that is able to work in integrated sustainable systems and is capable of turning ideas into tangible and deliverable outcomes that bring added value to the cities within which the project is implemented.
- You should have demonstratable experience working in teams across different disciplines and have successfully fulfilled projects that have brought about tangible change and social and economic benefits and profit within the community. Knowledge of partnerships, different business models and /or financing is an important advantage.
- This position requires excellent relationship, persuasion, negotiation and presentation skills. You need to be able to inspire while offering robust independent advice.
- You must be organised, patient and have the ability to balance conflicting requirements, changing priorities, diverse groups of collaborators as well as different project-related issues.
You will be required to:
- Work on your own initiative and liaise with the project team;
- Organise meetings and events;
- Liaise with the communications team to prepare the necessary communication material to maintain the network abreast of developments, news etc;
- Assist with strategic analysis, business planning and market research;
- Prepare periodic technical and financial reports;
- Generate new ideas and source new funding to enable the project stakeholders to fund their project ideas.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- A keen interest in sustainable development and commitment to bring about change;
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline;
- Preferred areas include anthropology, sustainability, urban studies, community development, engineering, or finance;
- 3-5 years of demonstratable experience of working with EU funding programmes such as H2020 and /or other donors;
- Good oral, written and presentation skills in English, Maltese or another European language such as French or Dutch would be an asset;
- Ability to travel on project meetings;
- Ability to work in Malta.
Method of Application:
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- A full curriculum vitae;
- A covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification and outlining your interest in and vision for the role;
- Your current salary;
- Three referees – who will be contacted during the pre-selection phase;
- At the interview stage, you will be required to make a PowerPoint presentation to the interviewing board.