AXD Offices in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Contracts Manager to join their team on a full-time basis
The Contract Manager plays a critical role in our ability to achieve our goals by creating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and negotiating contracts. Responsible for contract close-out, extensions and renewals, communicate contractual changes to all stakeholders. Resolve any contract-related issues that come up, whether internally or externally. Manage all contractual and commercial aspects of a project from the bidding stage to completion, including snags.
- Prepare project estimates;
- Financial management of projects from the design stage to tender through to contract;
- Working on bids and collating all documentation;
- Negotiating and finalizing contracts;
- Procure works or services;
- Managing the supply chain throughout projects life-span;
- Financial reporting reviews on projects’ status and viability;
- Manage projects at initial stages together with relevant Project Managers and Architects;
- Working and understanding standard forms of contracts including design documentation, construction plans, logistics, health, and safety requirements, resources;
- Management of construction reviews, contract order changes, and variations control;
- Liaising with Quantity Surveyors on current rates;
- Issuing certificate of payments;
- Reviewing systems and following up on payments;
- Actively seeking and putting forward new projects by having a strong commercial awareness and excellent client liaison skills;
- Co-operate with the team and members of management and be supportive and loyal to the company at all times;
- Perform any further duties as may be required by the Company from time to time.
- In possession of degree qualification, if it relates to the position it is considered an asset;
- Minimum of two years experience in contract negotiation, administration and/or management;
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge/background in quantity surveying is considered an asset;
- Familiar with contract modelling software skills;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project;
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints;
- A team-worker, but also works independently, taking initiative;
- Hard-worker, committed and loyal.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter.
The company has been involved in a number of landmark projects that span from residential complexes, hotels, restaurants office blocks to large scale developments such as Valletta Waterfront with the Cruiseport.