Azzjoni Kattolika Maltija is seeking to employ a full-time Projects and Operations Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. This position is responsible for leading and directing the administrative and technical operations of the AKM. It also involves the management of small, medium and large-sized projects.
Under the direction of the General Directorate of the AKM, the ideal candidate will have responsibilities as outlined in the Statute of the AKM.
The duties include:
- Manage the organisation’s operations;
- Co-ordinate personnel working for the organisation;
- Perform experience level secretarial tasks of a confidential nature including but not limited to setting agendas, taking minutes, producing reports and keeping data pertaining to the organisation up-to-date;
- Manage projects including completing application forms for funding and filing reports; and
- Promote the organisation and its projects in the media.
The successful candidate will be offered a 3-year contract agreement with AKM, renewable for a further 3 years, at the discretion of AKM. The minimum working hours will be of 40 hours per week. The candidate will be required to work in the afternoons, evenings and weekends. The salary is negotiable, depending on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
The applicant should also possess:
- The applicant is expected to have a Bachelor’s Degree in management or equivalent with at least three (3) years experience in a management or leadership position, interacting with national, regional and international institutions and organisations;
- A post-graduate qualification in Management, Education (in particular Youth Work), Social Sciences or equivalent will be considered an asset.
Azzjoni Kattolika Maltija:
Azzjoni Kattolika Maltija (Maltese Catholic Action) is an NGO working with people of different ages, backgrounds and needs, coming from all over the Maltese islands. It is a Catholic organisation led by volunteers. It comprises of around 1,500 members and provides personal, social and spiritual development for its members on a weekly basis. A number of activities and events are organised throughout the year. AKM also carries out a number of social projects and provides social services for society at large. It also publishes a Catholic newspaper on a weekly basis.
- Strong leadership qualities including strategic, logical and critical thinking, problem-solving and team-building skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully manage complex and sensitive relationships with authorities and stakeholders;
- A high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-oriented;
- The ability to supervise and manage projects in conjunction with government and civil society entities and organisations;
- The ability to seek funding opportunities, present them to AKM’s General Directorate and AKM’s entities, coordinate the application process, manage or supervise the projects accordingly and handle reporting to the funding entity;
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, internet tools, communication tools and the ability and willingness to learn to use other technology-related aides;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Maltese; and
- Clean Police Conduct.