Environment Resources Authority in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Project Implementation)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
In the role of Senior Officer (Project Implementation)
, the Officer is responsible to assist the assigned unit in the management of the functions and deliverables under the area of responsibility in line with the aims and objectives of the Authority.
Job Entry Requirements/Qualifications:
- Monitor and report strategy, projects and operations including sampling, testing, project inspections, and onsite investigations, to appropriate quality standards, in a scientifically valid manner and within set timeframes;
- Examine and analyse requests and needs and provide recommendations to the Manager/Unit Head in terms of plausibility, survey methodology, and resource (human, equipment, time) requirements and availability;
- Provide advice, discuss and negotiate with internal and external personnel and other entities to regularize positions, and to mitigate adverse impacts;
- Assist in developing and implement targeting and, ongoing schedules and prioritization regimes for detection work, compliance checks and inspections;
- Conduct internal and external investigations and recommend/take appropriate actions;
- Plan, schedule, organize, monitor, lead, oversee, conduct and report project work as necessary;
- Establish and work on the Authority approved tools and mechanisms to develop and monitor the improvement cycle of the entrusted projects and feedback received from all stakeholders;
- Ensure that entrusted programmes and initiatives are implemented in time/quality/cost set by the Authority;
- Monitor and ensure that the budget measures of the entrusted projects are implemented and introduce an accountability and ownership framework across project owners;
- Address health and safety considerations throughout all the projects being entrusted;
- Be accountable for the assets under responsibility including their whereabouts;
- Instil a culture of project-based management across the implementation owners of the Authority through training and mentoring;
- Support and instil a culture of programme management across the Authority’s Senior Management through training and mentoring;
- Assist and take responsibilities in the procurement of any assets required for the entrusted project, and of services including maintenance and upkeep;
- Undertake the appropriate commissioning of newly acquired Authority assets and services that arise from the entrusted projects;
- Synergize Authority decisions, budget measures and other strategic decisions and assist National Affairs to report to media, and other ERA Units with other entities to ensure that the Authority provides correct and updated information about a ‘project status’;
- Report on the overall project when and as directed by line superior; and
- Analyse, interpret, apply and implement in a timely and appropriate manner any relevant local, EU, international and other directive, conventions, protocols, legislation, procedures and similar, and provide information and guidance on same.
- Bachelor’s Degree [MQF Level 6] with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits as recognised by NCFHE in Engineering, Project Management, Management, and Environmental Planning or in a similar or equivalent discipline;
- Alternatively in case of no first degree, a Master’s Degree [MQF Level 7] with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits as recognised by NCFHE in Engineering, Project Management, Management, and Environmental Planning or in a similar or equivalent discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years of post-graduate experience in a related field;
- Preferably Fluent in both written and spoken Maltese and English.
Interested candidates should send their CV and covering letter.
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instil sound environmental management.