AX The Victoria in Malta is looking to recruit a Head Chef to join their team on a full-time basis.
Within the limits of established hotel policies and procedures, the Head Chef oversees and directs all aspects of the kitchen operation which shall include but not limited to the following: Sous Chef, Pastry Chef, Chef Tournant, Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie, Commis Cook, Chief Steward, Kitchen Porter.
- Reports directly to the Executive Chef.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation.
- Coordinates functions and activities with the Food and Beverage Service Manager/ Events Manager.
- Supervises the functioning of all kitchen employees, facilities, costs and contributes to maximizing the overall Food and Beverage profit.
- Controls and analyses the quality levels of production and presentation, guest satisfaction, payroll and food costs, cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensures optimum performance of all the above areas.
- To be responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- To control stocks for daily use in restaurants, and to ensure service requirements are met.
- Participates in the preparation of the Food and Beverage department budgets and goals.
- Highly organized and smart in appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage a team.
- Good knowledge of HACCP.
- Able to manage costs.
- Flexible in hours.
- Creative in ideas.
- Able to handle the responsibility for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items and ensure the highest quality at all times.
AX The Victoria:
Step into the world of this luxury 137 bedroom hotel with elegant rooms, extravagant spa facilities and multi-purpose conference halls with free Wi-Fi and underground parking facilities for your ultimate convenience. The Victoria Hotel revels in comfort and charm with the loyal staff’s help embracing a harmonious feeling of the home-like environment.