Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Consumer Finance Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will manage the growth and evolution of the vehicle financing solutions offered by the company.
The company today operates one of Malta’s largest automotive dealerships. It represents more than 9 OEM brands. First and foremost of these is Toyota – which was the first OEM brand we started to build a relationship with way back in 1960 when we imported the first Toyota vehicle to Europe. The company and employs more than 130 multi-disciplined employees. The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles. Moving forward the company is looking to enhance the mobility experience for each and every customer by delivering great products that are customizable, affordable, comfortable and environment friendly. We aim to support our customer both through their personal and professional needs. MDL is part of the part Debono Group, a multifaceted group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of
Reporting to the CEO with a dotted line to the Financial Controller, the Consumer Finance Manager will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that:
- Grow the penetration of the company’s finance offering across its business streams;
- Enable the company to continue to better productize its finance offering inline with evolving consumer needs;
- Improve the efficiency and management of the company’s consumer finance apparatus;
- Deliver an improved customer experience to those customers opting to take up Finance products;
- Enable the sustainable growth of the company’s Finance Product portfolio.
- The chosen candidate will take full responsibility for managing the consumer finance team’s efficiency and improving collection periods and processes;
- S/he will also be setting and maintaining thresholds for finance deals and supporting management in approving and closing important finance deals;
- S/he will work with the Group Risk Committee to manage the portfolio parameters;
- The candidate will closely monitor the operating and financial results against budgets and provide regular reports to Management;
- S/he shall also be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and consistently optimizing the overall consumer finance process and shall actively seek opportunities to better automate the processes and reporting;
- The company’s credit control function will also form part of the remit of this role. This will involve monitoring debtors, managing the credit control team and improving internal processes.
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial sales and/or business development role;
- Ideally the candidate has adequate industry knowledge;
- Ideally the candidate has sufficient knowledge of customer segmentation;
- Knowledge of Office 365;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Be fluent in English and Maltese.