Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Duty Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate must be an organized and enthusiastic person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team and ensuring all work processes flow efficiently in
order to help bring projects to completion. The Duty Manager
is also responsible to provide leadership and support to all Hotel employees and enforcing the Hotels’
Standards in all areas supervised.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assist the General Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing;
- Build and maintain positive client and customer relationships;
- Complete daily operational tasks in a timely manner;
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with all necessary staff;
- Conduct monthly inventories;
- Deal with housekeeping and maintenance issues;
- Direct, oversee and manage daily operations for the Hotel;
- Ensure that Hotel employees including housekeeping staff are in proper uniform and adhere to the Hotel’s appearance standards;
- Help foster a positive working environment for all workers and check in regularly to ensure employee satisfaction;
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards;
- Maintain open lines of communication between all Hotel departments;
- Maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment;
- Monitor and develop team member performance including, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning work and conducting training as necessary;
- Organize and distribute schedules as well as assignments;
- Perform general office duties as needed i.e. sending and answering emails, phone calls, filing, etc.
- Suggest changes to operating standards in order to improve the efficiency of work;
- Set departmental goals and create plans of action for achieving them;
- Uphold and enforce company policies and procedures and implement new processes in tandem with the Hotel’s General Manager.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Good telephone persona with a friendly and helpful demeanour;
- Possess an eye for detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong leadership and organisational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.