American University of Malta is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Facilities Management Operative
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Facilities Manager the FM Operative assists in the day-to-day upkeep and maintenance of the University.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Assist the Facilities Manager in any activity organised in or around the University;
- Carry out Security Guard duties as and when necessary;
- Assist in the manning of the front desk;
- Carry out basic clerical support duties;
- Carry out manual work such as moving furniture, minor maintenance work, etc.
- Supervise when necessary other workers in any of the above duties;
- Monitor contractors in carrying out work as and when required;
- Report to the Facilities Manager any abnormal function or fault of any service in and around the University.
American University of Malta:
The American University of Malta educates a diverse student body to become ethically responsible global citizens, critical thinkers, and future leaders in an academically challenging learning environment. AUM strives constantly to innovate and enhance quality in teaching, research, public service and economic development. The American University of Malta is a private, American-style liberal arts university dedicated to higher education and research for an international community at the highest standard. Our degree programs, research activities, and service to the community transform lives and serve society by educating ethically knowledgeable citizens, creating knowledge, and putting knowledge to work in a global setting.
- Be licensed as a Security Guard;
- Be an all-rounder able to cover both facilities, administrative and manual duties;
- Have basic knowledge of electrical circuits, plumbing and mechanics;
- Possess a strong customer orientation with a passion for delivering high-quality work;
- Be a strong team player with a positive and can-do attitude;
- Be highly flexible and be prepared to work on shift/irregular hours if necessary;
- Possess the ability to work in a highly diverse environment comprising employees and students from different cultural backgrounds;
- Be able to communicate in English;
- Be familiar with Microsoft applications especially Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Preferably be experienced in working in a University environment;
- Be willing to undergo training that the University deems necessary.