Rosselli AX Privilege in Malta is looking to recruit a Head of Maintenance to join their team on a full-time basis. Under the general guidance and supervision of the General Manager, and within the limits of the established hotel's policies and procedures. Responsible for all staff within the Maintenance Department in the absence of the Maintenance Manager
- To ensure a safe, well-maintained hotel where everything functions as it should and where all maintenance and power costs are within budgeted controls;
- To ensure efficient preventative maintenance procedures at all times and a quick reaction to maintenance requirements from guests and staff;
- To participate in budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and ensures the maintenance team’s commitment to achieving this;
- Maintains and enforces the hotel’s protection and energy-saving policies;
- Ensures a continual flow of water and power at the most economical level and monitors consumption levels compared to budgets and recommends methods for effecting savings;
- Ensures that technical drawings, certificates, and records are current and properly filed.
- Leads by example, stressing attention to detail, a high standard of finish, attentive and personal service to guests, sales awareness and personal initiative;
- Co-operates and co-ordinates with all other departments especially housekeeping, front of house and food and beverage, ensures that all maintenance requirements are treated promptly and to correct standards;
- Ensures that the building plant and equipment are maintained to their full life expectancy;
- Establishes service quality standards for the department, which accurately reflect what happens in the day to day work situations;
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in guiding the maintenance staff into a highly skilled and flexible team in which each individual member is well trained, properly managed and highly motivated;
- Assists the Maintenance Manager to ensure total safety at the place of work where all maintenance matters are concerned, particularly during repairs, and after modifications are carried out;
- Be aware and involved in the fire evacuation and security procedures, and ensures that firefighting and any other emergency equipment is periodically checked and maintained in good working order.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar environment;
- Very well organized and analytical;
- HTD level of technical education or equivalent;
- Wireman’s licence A&B;
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in the English language;
- The selected candidate should possess leadership and good communication skills, assertiveness, ability to handle pressure, and a result-driven personality;
- A hands-on approach is required.
Rosselli AX Privilege:
The latest addition to the capital city, Rosselli – AX Privilege, is the first 5-star luxury hotel in Valletta. Once the residence of a well-established goldsmith and philanthropist, the Rosselli house has always been brimming with historical detail. Its richness has been passed onto generations and it is still highly visible in today’s reformed luxury hotel. The Rosselli rooms depict elegance, sophistication and extravagance while also having an element of comfort, satisfaction and convenience. All the rooms have their own story to tell. We invite you to choose the story you want to relive? Luxury is also evident through the hotel’s services and facilities. As soon as you step inside the hotel, you will be treated with authority, distinction and greatness. Well-taken care of by your personal butler and making use of the hotel’s supreme facilities, Rosselli – AX Privilege is your home away from home.