Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Building Maintenance Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. The Building Maintenance Manager is responsible for the maintenance repair of the physical plant.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Supervision of M/E staff;
- Supervision of the maintenance – both in house and contracted - repair of all building systems in the various factories;
- Supervision of all building maintenance operations and projects;
- Ensure that all structural modifications are carried out in accordance with the Local Authority and in respect to all governing Health and Safety regulations;
- The routine maintenance of all building assets to the best possible level while ensuring the most effective use of resources.
- Supervise and coordinate the staff for maintenance and repair with all parties including site management, health and safety and architect as required;
- Plan, schedule and oversee all building maintenance operations and projects;
- Direct and coordinate vehicle/fleet mechanic and Building maintenance staff in line with the fleet maintenance plan and ad hoc repairs as might be required;
- Manage maintenance jobs with third-party contractors from contractual through to completion in line with company policies and objectives;
- Ensure all building plans and drawings are kept up to date and saved appropriately;
- Ensure that all sites are maintained at the best possible level of maintenance in line with GMPs for Food manufacturing;
- Coordinate all jobs for the welding shop in accordance with priorities as agreed with the Head of Engineering;
- Coordinate all jobs pertaining to the carpentry shop as required;
- Coordinate all jobs pertaining to the mechanic shop as required;
- Ensuring all business units landscaping is planned and carried out accordingly;
- Have absolute intolerance to unsafe working conditions and liaise with Health and Safety officer as the job requires;
- Ensure all internal inter-company non-operational transfers are planned and carried out in a timely manner.
Ideal Candidate profile:
- Training of staff in all aspects of their duties;
- Provide input to the Facilities Manager for interventions planning and coordination;
- Maintenance and installations of building support systems;
- Coordinate with engineering procurement for the Order/Inventory all M/E supplies and fuels;
- Available to consult on technical aspects of the physical plant.
- To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- HTD or equivalent Level 5 qualification.
- Hands on experience in building maintenance;
- Hands on experience & respective Legal compliance;
- Building maintenance mechanical and/or electrical experience;
- Hands-on project management;
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of ACAD systems is mandatory;
- Knowledge of building systems (drywall, painting, carpentry, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills with staff, management, and site management;
- Computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to evaluate, develops, and implements an organized system of delegating work to staff;
- Ability to teach mechanics new skills and to promote career development;
- Effective and fair supervision techniques;
- Experience working in a multifunctional team (i.e. capital projects, DMAIC) preferred;
- Compile/Compare offers to support Technical Buying Equipment/Services;
- Problem solving / Troubleshooting experience hands-on various disciplines;
- Support Experience parts Manufacturing & Welding discipline;
- Extensive ACAD experience;
- Fleet Management;
- Engineering H&S;
- Has exposure to TPM, preventive maintenance planning and/or maintenance execution is desired but not mandatory;
- Preferably with experience managing a team;
- Possess hands-on knowledge as well as strategic, continuous improvement mindset.
- Frequent lifting/carrying (5-20 kg);
- Frequent pushing/pulling (25-100 kg);
- Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping;
- Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment;
- Ability to stand and/or work on feet for extended periods (minimum of eight hours in one shift);
- Physical strength and proficiency with the use of hand and power tools.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Customer service orientation;
- Verbal and Written communication;
- Program and project management;
- Planning and organising.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.