Paragon Europe in Malta is looking to recruit a full-time Department Coordinator on behalf of one of their clients to join their team within the services industry.
To act as the department first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation, work closely with the Departmental Manager by providing administrative support and compiling reports whilst helping the department members by sorting and registering requests as well as finalizing, compiling, sending and scheduling delivery of tenders and proposals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Screening phone calls and enquiries, and handling them appropriately;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Assisting in Tenders & Proposals submissions and processes;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Understand the organisation’s aims and objectives;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Taking on some of the manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Deputizing for the manager, making decisions and delegating work to others in the manager's absence;
- Know who key personnel are (both external and internal);
- Being involved in decision-making processes;
- Attending any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- Planning, organisation and time management skills;
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly when facing obstacles;
- Stress shouldn’t be a factor to prevent him/her from taking the right decision;
- Ability to follow directions and Company strategy;
- Strong sense of leadership and learning orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills for both individually and in groups;
- Ability to take an initiative and act on what’s required;
- Project management skills including flexibility and prioritization of tasks.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more. We assist these organisations with the sourcing and implementation of EU funded projects and tailor our services to each individual requirement ensuring positive results every time. Besides advising public and private organisations on EU funding, Paragon staff also assist good organisations to become great through business and financial advice.
- Preferably a minimum MQF Level 5 Diploma in Business Administration or a related subject;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese;
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role;
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and multi-media/video tools.