Toly Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager
on a full-time basis to join their team. The ideal candidate is responsible to deliver and meet expectations in product quality, processes and systems by working closely with the Toly Malta Operational Teams while liaising with the Group Quality team.
The ideal candidate supports the Toly Malta General Manager by also managing the site quality management system and various systems and procedures such as process-quality data, CAPAs, Customer complaints, supplier claims, SOPs, Audits and quality non- conformance investigation as required. The Quality Assurance Manager
is also responsible for initiating and maintaining internal processes that support all ISO certifications held by the site. The candidate is a member of the Senior Management Team and is expected to help shape future site culture and business performance. The candidate will promote, develop and oversee compliance of the Company quality system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Manage and coordinate quality activity during the development of new products;
- Participates in the review of all design, manufacturing, purchasing and test documentation in order to assure conformance to quality standards;
- Together with the QA Team, works directly with suppliers to ensure compliance of supplied material;
- Working together with the quality assurance team to assess the product in line with established standards;
- Effectively assure compliance to customer requirements by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement;
- Together with the quality assurance team identify the address and drive the resolution process of any issues identified during the manufacturing process or claims raised by the customer;
- Manage and coordinate the communication with the customer regarding product validations process, qualification and any quality issues arising during the lifetime of the product;
- Develop, manage and coordinate the provision of accurate and timely quality assurance reporting;
- Manage and coordinate compliance with procedures to assure standards;
- Assist with the introduction, implementation and evaluation of current quality improvement approaches and methods;
- Review and analyse processes from a quality/cost viewpoint;
- Act as a coach and train colleagues on quality systems and methodologies;
- Be a key driver in the continuous improvement process;
- Develops and manages the departmental budget and manages costs;
- Effectively manages and develops the performance of the quality assurance team;
- May be asked, on occasion, to perform duties at a higher or lower level of proficiency.
Toly Products Ltd:
Toly Products is a global supplier of packaging for cosmetic, fragrance and skincare products, supplying the top global beauty brands as well as innovative emerging brands. The company is private, with its Corporate Offices based in Malta. Toly has manufacturing plants in Malta, China and South Korea and also has a network of partnerships with manufacturers of complementary products. Sales and trading offices have been established in the UK, USA, France, Belgium, Italy, Malta, Turkey, Hong Kong and Korea. Toly, therefore, supports an International customer base in providing innovative packaging solutions. Toly has a strong corporate spirit and teamwork is an integral part of everyday activities. Toly believes that people make the difference and create a unique experience for the customers – The Toly Experience. Working for Toly is a fantastic opportunity and will be challenging. In an innovative, imaginative and rapidly changing environment, you'll be able to realise your own potential and make a real contribution to our business goals and objectives.
- Ideally, possess a relevant degree in a technical field or equivalent;
- Have at least 5 years experience in the Manufacturing industry;
- Have experience dealing directly with suppliers and customers;
- Be experienced in Quality Management System and their efficient control;
- Have knowledge of modern manufacturing and quality theory and practice;
- Ideally, have Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification;
- Be familiar with the principles and application of Lean and 5S methodologies;
- Be versatile, with a high level of flexibility and self-motivation;
- Be commercially aware and capable of multi-tasking in a demanding environment where deadlines are critical;
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.