Northern Gas and Power Ltd in Malta is looking for Machine Learning Expert
to join their team on a full-time basis.
ENERGY… the ‘final frontier’… these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise… Innovation and Success… Join NGP on their five-year mission to boldly go where no company has gone before and push beyond the boundaries of the energy market…
Duties for Machine Learning Expert:
- Design and develop machine learning algorithms;
- Discover, design, and develop analytical methods to support novel approaches of data and information processing;
- Perform explanatory data analysis;
- Generate and test working hypotheses;
- Prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns;
- Provide technical support for program management and business development activities including proposal writing and customer development;
- Managing available hardware and data;
- Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability;
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model;
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning;
- Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed;
- Define validation strategies, preprocessing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset and data augmentation pipelines;
- Training models and tuning their parameters;
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them;
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
Northern Gas and Power Ltd:
We are ClearVue; an exciting energy tech start-up based in Malta. Although we are technically a start-up, we are the fastest growing business in the north of England and the number 1 energy consultancy in the UK. Formed in 2013, our offices are located worldwide and we now employ more than 450 people globally. Our HQ is based in the North of England where we’re known as ‘The King of the North’! We are now on the hunt for extraordinary people to join us in Malta, on our mission to change the World!
We have been busy pioneering new ideas and innovative technologies in the field of energy. As we all stand at the foothill of the 4th industrial revolution, our forward-thinking approach is bringing tomorrow’s ideas, today.
- At least 3 years of work experience as a Machine Learning/ Data Scientist;
- Outstanding analytical skills and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Decision Forests, etc;
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as NumPy and MatLab;
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.;
- Proficiency in using query languages such as Google BigQuery, SQL, Hive;
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, PostGres;
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.;
- Good scripting and programming skills;
- Own and manage knowledge sharing within the company.
A transformative revolution that will define our generation, will take us on a journey that will digitise the world of energy. We are so excited to share our vision of the future with you, and to show the technologies such as: 5G, IoT, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence(AI), Machine learning and how they will go on to shape all of our lives. This is just the beginning, so why don’t you grab your hoverboard and teleportation device and come on a journey with us into the future…..