As part of our growth strategy, English Communication School and Paragon Europe in Malta are looking to recruit a Leisure Coordinator for their English Communication School and other group company events that might be required from time to time on a full-time basis in Malta.
A typical day might include:
- Creating, optimising and upselling the companies events in liaison with the marketing team;
- Carefully planning and organising of all the activities set from a yearly calendar and aim to entertain and educate the students;
- Optimising sales and marketing campaigns including calendar boards to promote the events;
- Organising various activity fun programmes within a leisure programme;
- Speaking to your network of contacts with hotels, suppliers and/or venues to acquire the best student prices;
- Liaise with Business unit middle managers to create the best activity packages.
You must be good at:
- Having knowledge of “what’s on” in Malta and ability to create a fun and varied social and activities calendar each month;
- Active interest in a variety of sports and culture;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Being highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise work;
- Ability to work within a team and independently;
- Proficient skills in MS Office and Social Media;
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and patient.
You must possess:
- Experience working in an English Language school or Tour Operator;
- Communication skills:
- You will need to be able to speak with a variety of different groups, listen to their needs and work with big groups;
- Leadership skills:
- Leisure coordinators need to encourage guests to attend or join an activity and motivate them and keep them charged throughout the event;
- Problem-Solving Skills:
- A prompt attitude to fix situations quickly or adjust activities for all involved will be a great asset;
- Speaking Skills:
- Leisure coordinators need to be able to speak clearly and passionately to guests, answer questions and keep people motivated;
- Good English language communication skills, whilst other languages will be considered an asset.
What we can offer you:
- A fun and supportive team environment;
- First class modern facilities;
- Career progression and development pathways;
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence;
- Mobility within the organisation and locations.
English Communication School:
Being amongst the first English Language Schools in Malta, licensed by the Education Department, Accredited Founder member of FELTOM and ISO9001 certified, the school prides itself on a high standard of teaching English as a foreign language.