An opportunity for a Legal Officer is currently available with a highly reputable medium sized organisation in financial services.
- Providing assistance internally in relation to legal matters;
- Supporting the department in all matters having an international dimension;
- Assisting in the negotiation and drafting of contracts and memorandum;
- Liaising with government departments and agencies, other authorities and private entities on legal issues that may arise from time to time;
- Assisting the Compliance department in relation to compliance matters;
- Assisting in the transposition of EU Directives and the drafting of laws, implementing procedures and guidance;
- Keeping abreast of current and new local and international developments on prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- Any other duties that may be required for the smooth running of the department.
Education & Experience:
- You must be a Warranted Lawyer, recognised locally;
- You must be well-versed in the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area;
- Sound knowledge of the relevant EU Directives;
- A minimum of 1 year previous local experience in a similar role within the financial services industry is a must.
- Highly organised
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Fluency in Maltese & English
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.