- Act as initial point of contact with internal business clients.
- Conduct legal and/or business research and provide timely and relevant information and respond to legal inquiries.
- Provide legal guidance and assist in handling issues relating to various legislative areas relevant to the Group.
- Co-ordinate with overseas legal consultants regarding trademark issues (including registration and counterfeit products), distributorship agreements, court cases, and other legal issues.
- Assist during VAT audits and similar exercises which may arise from time to time, providing the legal dimension as required.
- Actively contribute to any M&A activity including oversight of the legal work streams, coordination and collaboration with Legal and Tax consultants that may be roped in, and provide insight on the legal issues relevant to the transaction as may be required.
- Update template forms, generate and distribution reports, and train business clients on processes and policies.
- Support in negotiation, compilation and execution of agreements with third parties as necessary
- Conduct Secretarial work with respect to Board Meetings, annual returns and other submissions to Registrar of Companies
- Provide assistance in reviewing, drafting, preparing, formatting, and administering contracts and template forms.
- Organize and gather information for contract drafting and following up on outstanding contract issues.
- Oversee property contracting and leasing arrangements for the companies within the group, including arrangements for the procurement or disposal of property and infrastructural assets.
- Oversee of GDPR Compliance.
- Oversee any necessary KYC and due diligence checks on existing and potential customers and/or suppliers.
- Locally warranted Lawyer with either an LL.D or Masters in Advocacy.
- 8-10 years' experience in a corporate legal department or law firm preferred.
- Previous experience in reviewing and revising any or all of the following would be considered an asset: contracts, confidentiality agreements, M&A activity, tax related matters, customs legislation, import/export legislation.
- Strong investigative and problem resolution skills.
- Good business judgment able to take independent and decisive action, and to know when to seek advice.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate legal information to business clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills .
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.