Our client is seeking to recruit a Junior Lawyer to join their Legal department.
- Provide legal support and advice to other legal units as required, including contracting, property development and human resources;
- Prepare legal documents for other units such as contracts, agreements, deeds and follow-up on compliance;
- Follow-up on Financial Debtors Collection;
- Handle court cases and prepare all necessary documentation and evidence;
- Represent the company in courts, tribunals and public enquiries and present arguments persuasively;
- Liaise with other lawyers, colleagues and senior management and government departments;
- Abide by the professional code of conduct.
Education and Experience:
- Warranted Lawyer in Maltese Law;
- Minimum of 3 years' post-qualification experience;
- An understanding of the working of courts;
- Knowledge of national laws and the relevant international legislation.
- Proficiency in Maltese and English;
- Analytical and interpretive skills;
- Legal research skills and writing skills;
- Public speaking skills and the ability to present cases in court;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- IT skills;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Time management and multi-tasking.
Job reference: UB603