Ferratum Bank p.l.c.in Malta is looking to recruit a Legal Advisor
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Ferratum is a leading international provider of mobile financial services, building an online financial ecosystem that transcends the hassle of physical banking and financial transactions into a paperless and borderless real-time experience for our customers. We provide innovative mobile banking, as well as digital consumer and small business loans, all distributed and managed by mobile devices. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, today we operate in 23 markets across Europe, Africa, South and North America, Australia and Asia. Ferratum Group is listed on the Prime Standard of Frankfurt Stock Exchange under symbol 'FRU'.
As a global thinking company, we are proud of our diversity and currently employ people from over 30 different nationalities and walks of life. We support employee interests, hobbies, and goals both inside and outside of Ferratum because we understand that happy people make happy employees! We believe in our values and we commit to:
- Customer centricity - our customers are at the heart of what we do, why we exist, whom we first serve;
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - we are curious to learn new things, innovative in finding solutions, we move fast, stay agile, have low hierarchies, avoid unnecessary bureaucracy, we propose, challenge and take decisions as if Ferratum was our own business;
- Candor - we communicate openly, transparently and honestly with each other;
- Respect - we respect our customers – internal and external ones –,our colleagues, our partners, our investors, all our other stakeholders evenly, in all our actions and communications;
- Winning teams - we have each other’s back and as a family across teams we stick together, fight together and when we achieve our goals, we celebrate together.
As a Legal Advisor
with Ferratum Bank, you will form part of a bright and hard-working group of in-house lawyers with a pro-active approach to work and will be expected to handle diverse legal issues in multiple jurisdictions.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal agreements and other arrangements, with a broad spectrum of suppliers and other third parties;
- Supporting the business in a wide range of commercial and other relationships;
- Monitoring developments in regulatory requirements and providing strategic counsel on emerging legislative developments and trends;
- Drafting and reviewing the Company’s Policies and Procedures;
- Dealing with complaints that may arise;
- Working closely with the business to identify, anticipate and address legal issues that arise;
- Managing legal risks;
- Providing ad hoc advice on a range of different matters including general consumer law, data protection, consumer crediting, distance selling of financial services and employment law, among others;
- Cooperating with external legal advisors on foreign law matters;
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Ferratum Bank p.l.c:
Ferratum Bank p.l.c., a subsidiary of the Ferratum Group, is licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority to provide a range of banking services to its clients. Its EU banking license enables it to provide its services from Malta to other jurisdictions within the EEA, including the acceptance of deposits, which are covered by the Maltese Depositor Compensation Scheme. Ferratum Bank offers its customers the possibility to apply for a personal loan, benefiting from the security and professionalism of a bank, whilst enjoying the speed, simplicity, and openness of our uncomplicated service. In many cases, loans can be agreed within a matter of minutes, with minimal amounts of red tape. Our success lies in our simple loan application process, quick service, and strict security. The rest is down to the expertise of our employees whose dedication, know-how and service skills help retain customers and gain referrals all over the world.
- A qualified lawyer, preferably with 2- 5 years post-qualification experience;
- Understand the legal, reputational and commercial dimensions of risk;
- Have a strong command of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Have excellent organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Have excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail;
- A team player;
- Have the ability to understand and translate complex legal issues into brief communications that can quickly and clearly inform decision making;
- Thrive in a high-performance environment;
- Are skilled at identifying issues and solving them creatively and proactively;
- Candidates with experience and/or qualifications in Financial Services will be favorably considered.