Ferratum Bank p.l.c.in Malta is looking to recruit a Legal Advisor (Mobile Bank)
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will form part of a bright and hard-working group of in-house lawyers with a pro-active approach to work and will be expected to handle diverse legal issues in multiple jurisdictions.
Ferratum is a leading international provider of mobile financial services, building an online financial ecosystem that transcends the hassle of physical banking and financial transactions into a paperless and borderless real-time experience for our customers. We provide innovative mobile banking, as well as digital consumer and small business loans, all distributed and managed by mobile devices. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, today we operate in 23 markets across Europe, Africa, South and North America, Australia and Asia. Ferratum Group is listed on the Prime Standard of Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol 'FRU'.
As a global thinking company, we are proud of our diversity and currently employ people from over 30 different nationalities and walks of life. We support employee interests, hobbies, and goals both inside and outside of Ferratum because we understand that happy people make happy employees! We believe in our values and we commit to:
- Customer centricity - our customers are at the heart of what we do, why we exist, whom we first serve;
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - we are curious to learn new things, innovative in finding solutions, we move fast, stay agile, have low hierarchies, avoid unnecessary bureaucracy, we propose, challenge and take decisions as if Ferratum was our own business;
- Candor - we communicate openly, transparently and honestly with each other;
- Respect - we respect our customers – internal and external ones –,our colleagues, our partners, our investors, all our other stakeholders evenly, in all our actions and communications;
- Winning teams - we have each other’s back and as a family across teams we stick together, fight together and when we achieve our goals, we celebrate together.
- Provide legal advice and support relating to matters such as service provider agreements, SLAs, the development of template contracts, and other general commercial matters;
- Provide legal advice on new products while working in cooperation with multiple stakeholders;
- Be aware of and advise on legal and regulatory changes, monitoring developments in regulatory and supervisory requirements, both at a national and supra-national level;
- Provide legal support to ensure that the services offered are flawless from a legal perspective;
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a wide range of contracts and legal issues relating to the matters above;
- Identify competition, data protection and other regulatory issues relating to financial services;
- AML/CFT compliance;
- Identify the need for external legal advice and engage outside counsel on a range of legal issues across Europe;
- Responsible for daily legal queries and business deals and customer’s legal queries and complaints, taking the lead on relevant legal activities;
- Manage, develop and maintain relationships to facilitate the effective delivery of legal advice and assistance;
- Provide training on law, processes, and policies;
- Other tasks assigned by the director or manager of the Employee are subordinated to.
Ferratum Bank p.l.c:
Ferratum Bank p.l.c., a subsidiary of the Ferratum Group, is licenced by the Malta Financial Services Authority to provide a range of banking services to its clients. Its EU banking licence enables it to provide its services from Malta to other jurisdictions within the EEA, including the acceptance of deposits, which are covered by the Maltese Depositor Compensation Scheme. Ferratum Bank offers its customers the possibility to apply for a personal loan, benefiting from the security and professionalism of a bank, whilst enjoying the speed, simplicity and openness of our uncomplicated service. In many cases, loans can be agreed within a matter of minutes, with minimal amounts of red tape. Our success lies in our simple loan application process, quick service and strict security. The rest is down to the expertise of our employees whose dedication, know-how and service skills help retain customers and gain referrals all over the world.
- Qualified EU lawyer with previous experience in payments, or financial services (ideally 3-5 years);
- Demonstrable experience within an in-house environment;
- Skilled at identifying issues early and then creatively and proactively solving them;
- Previous experience of cross-border and multi-jurisdictional operations;
- A problem-solving and proactive person able to provide strategic legal services and support;
- A team player who can multi-task, work well under pressure and handle fluid and at times conflicting priorities and goals;
- Maintain a professional demeanour, both in writing and in person, and have the ability to work well with support staff, colleagues and external counsel;
- Good working knowledge of AML/CFT requirements;
- Strong academic background, as well as solid drafting, negotiating and relationship management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with a proven ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on own initiative;
- Ability to prioritize and manage a varied and busy workload;
- Positive attitude, high level of integrity and intellectual curiosity;
- Fluent in English;
- Additional European language will be considered an asset.