SMM Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Lawyer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
SMM Group provides a wide spectrum of legal and corporate services to local and international individuals and corporations. Whilst our heritage ensures a proven experience in traditional fields of law, we remain at the forefront of legislative developments providing effective and value-driven solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All applicants are required to have:
- Prepare Court applications and willing to represent clients in Court and to travel overseas on conferences and on client assignments;
- Providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively;
- Examine situations and review documents to determine the best course of action for the best interest of clients;
- Assisting with negotiating and closing commercial transactions;
- Assisting with administrative work such as preparation/compilation of applications and handle routine correspondence;
- Proof reading documents/ publications;
- Participating in meetings with clients if requested and minute taking;
- Liaising with respective authorities such as MFSA, banks, VAT Department as requested by the supervisor.
- A warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta. Relevant work experience would be considered as an asset;
- Be able to work alone or in teams with the energy and time dedication which the legal profession demands;
- Candidates should be highly organized individuals and confident about managing multiple deadlines and projects;
- Strong organizational, planning, problem analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Maltese and English;
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Personal Information provided by a candidate will be processed by the organization for the purpose of its recruitment.
SMM group is a product of twenty plus years’ experience originating from a small Legal Office with now five established offices around Malta, the head office in the capital city Valletta. SMM Group comprises of SMM Consultancy Services Ltd and SMM Advocates. The separate and distinct entities within the group operate in collaboration with each other and assist whenever a certain area needs specialized attention. SMM Group’s services cover Dispute Resolution and Litigation within Corporate and Commercial space. We also specialize our expertise within private, local and international clients. Within a vast range of industries, we also extend our niche expertise in shipping and superyacht registrations, employment and industrial relations, transport and international trade, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate within the construction space & Projects and Logistics. Our unique multi-disciplinary mix results in a greater learning experience for our members with superior service of encompassing results within our clients. The firm is well-positioned to service clients ranging from high net worth individuals and families, owner-managed companies to larger corporation