One of our clients, a leader in the Management and Consultancy industry in Malta, is seeking to recruit a Compliance Executive to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director.
- Monitoring of regulatory developments both at EU and local level and interpreting new regulations that are applicable in the funds and investment services industry;
- Conducting site reviews;
- Identifying and assessing compliance risks;
- Development of an annual compliance monitoring plan for the clients;
- Identifying any internal deficiencies and weaknesses and recommending actions to be taken to address accordingly which need to be followed up in a timely manner;
- Ensuring that the onsite compliance reviews are carried out according to plan;
- Drafting of policies and procedures for the clients;
- Identify and propose IT systems and operational processed for the clients as part of their mitigation efforts to reduce compliance risk;
- Liaising and assisting clients on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum MQF Level 6 qualification in law, finance, compliance, or equivalent. Degree in law will be considered an asset;
- 2+ years of previous local experience within the financial services industry;
- Have a good understanding of the current laws, rules, regulations and directives impacting funds and investment services;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and time management skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure, with minimum supervision;
- Computer literate, especially with the use of Microsoft Office Package;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.